Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"New" CZ 452 Lux

Options
  • 16-10-2007 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Well I just got word that my Licence is back and now I'm the proud owner of my first rifle :)
    So I have to go pick it up on Saturday, a few quick questions for ye.
    While I'm there I'll be getting a few rounds so that I can test it (and me) out, I'd just like to know what you all think would be a good choice to put through it to start me off. Bear in mind I have no idea about how the different types will react in different ways (different grains), and I probably won't be shooting anything other than paper until I can see what's going on. Still I'll be bringing it out in a few weeks so I'd like to get rounds suitable for hunting too.
    My licence has a 100 limit aswell.

Thanks all... I'm excited :D

EDIT:
    It's a .22WMR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

In case ye are wondering how long it took. I sent it off initially on the 23rd of July, then got it back looking for a letter from parents a month later on 23rd of August, re submitted it the same day. So in total two and a half months, but only 6 weeks since properly submitted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

All depends on what your using it for. I am using CCI maxi mag +V and I have it zeroed +1.5 inches high at 50 yards which keeps me happy out to 120/130.

Get out there with a couple of boxes and a sightin target, a quiet field with a good backstop and best of luck. Buy a bi pod its fierce handy.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭smallfry

Good luck with the new hardware, keep safe and have fun......

smallfry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

congrats, remmy 40 grain hollow points are going well through my mates rifle, CZ too

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Sharpie

I second the CCI Maxi Mag in hollow point for hunting. I've put a lot of these through mine and always been very happy with them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement