Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hay bale

Options
  • 16-10-2007 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a bale of hay (good quality without mites:D) around the south Dublin or Wicklow area. I have three pigs, a gerbil (who I bed on hay) and a bunny so I go through alot of it very quickly. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Have you considered picking up a paper shredder?

With the amount of junk mail one receives it'll provide
    both a useful method for getting rid of it and provide
    your pets with hygienic pest-free bedding.
    (Not to mention you will not have to worry about
    identity theft).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

That was something I thought of when I had my guinepigs, only problem I had was lack of storage.

Try the "Farmers Journal".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭rubyred

I grew up on a farm in Wicklow - but am not there anymore. Call into any local farmer and he will sell you a bale or two or only a couple of euro. Just make sure it is dry and doesn't smell mouldy (they may try to sell you the crappy bales that got damp).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Bainne2

Thanks guys, I should be able to get it off one of the Dublin numbers. The place I usually , or did for a bit, get/got them off is too far away to go on regular trips.

Newspaper, or general paper won't do unfortuanatly because I need it so that they can bed on it and eat it (70% of a pigs diet should be hay);)

• Advertisement
Advertisement