Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprenticeship

Options
  • 16-10-2007 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi guys,i am looking to become a tattoo artist.Anyone know how to get started?I'm in art college.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

*raises eyebrow* similar names somewhat
    anywho yeah you are going in right direction with art college, just build up a portfolio to show your skills and then hope when you are done, someone will take you on.
    be warned, its a very clicky group unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

It's like Wilburt......but better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

GaRtH_V wrote: »
    It's like Wilburt......but better.

Only 2 posts compared to Wilburt's 1000+, does that make Wilbertorama the younger sleeker model?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

farohar wrote: »
    Only 2 posts compared to Wilburt's 1000+, does that make Wilbertorama the younger sleeker model?:p
    It does indeed. Wonder if he's also one of the ginger line of Wilb*rts?

Heh, keeping to the topic anyway...
    I know Snakebite were doing Apprenticeships a while back..only thing was, they don't pay you. So you go on the dole for two years while they give you your full apprenticeship. This was a few years ago when I last heard this so I don't know whether its still going or not!

When it comes to getting an apprenticeship, its really not what you know but who you know. A reputable place won't take you on unless they know your reputation and know you really want to do the job

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

what about being a piercer?

Le Rack wrote: »
    what about being a piercer?

Same applies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 billybong.....

how do you start tattooing people..will some stranger let you ink them when they know your only starting out at..how do people practise...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

The average tattoo artist apprentice has a substantial amount of skin available to tattoo... their own!

In other words: Most tattoo artists I know started on themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i've heard reference to dead meat as well. i dont know, or want to know how true that is or isnt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Pig skin has been used but you can buy synthetic skin now which is a lot more similar to human skin.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Gauge wrote: »
    Pig skin has been used but you can buy synthetic skin now which is a lot more similar to human skin.

That synthetic stuff is sh!t..Its like trying to tattoo a rubber car mat its that thick.It looks and feels nothing like real skin and your machine has to run at way over the norm to get ink into it.

Pig skin,chickens,whole ham hocks is what most people use.And then anywhere that they can reach themselves.

Advertisement