Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCAD/Ms developer exams

Options
  • 16-10-2007 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Just spotted this forum now (only on boards for about a year)!!

Anyhoo I'm doing my final MCAD (MS Certified App Developer) next Wed, number 70-229, I've already done 70-306 and 70-310.

This will be my 12th MS exam since 1998 - sad I know!!

If anyone wants any advise/pointers etc please fell free to post here/PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I posted some some stuff in relation to the MCDBA exam which covers the 70 229 exam..

Best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iascanmore

Sorted.... passed with 870.

Quite a hard exam I thought, was very adaptive ie I got an early question on deadlocks, didn't really read answers just picked one and marked it for review with the intention to come back to it.

I was then hit with a series of deadlock questions, 8 in total either directly about deadlocks or related....seemed like a lot to me.

Need to decide now do 70-300 for full MCSD status or jump to the .Net 2.0 exams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Congrats on the pass.

You need 2 more exams for MCSD status

70-300 & in your case either 70-315 or 70-316

If you want to do the .NET 2.0 exam here is a handy link

It explains the upgrade paths for you from MCAD & MCSD to MCPD

Ginger wrote: »
    You need 2 more exams for MCSD status

70-300 & in your case either 70-315 or 70-316

If you want to do the .NET 2.0 exam here is a handy link

It explains the upgrade paths for you from MCAD & MCSD to MCPD

I've got 305, 306, 310 and now 299 amongst many others ie Access 2, 95, 2000 and VB5, VB6*2 and SQL7!!

I failed 30-100 (or was it 70-100?) many moons ago, it was the precursor to 70-300 and I've had a bit of a "thing" about it since.

Need to decide in the next week or two.

• Advertisement

Sorry didnt realise you had the 305 exam already. Then when you did the 229 you already the MCAD didnt you :)

The 300 exam isnt all that bad. Its all case study based which can be a bit difficult. I found the worst part of that exam is spending 5 to 10 mins reading the case study and then when looking at the questions, trying to remember all the info you just read and doing it a couple of times

Best advice on that one, would be know the MS product sheets :D

Ginger wrote: »
    Sorry didnt realise you had the 305 exam already. Then when you did the 229 you already the MCAD didnt you :)

The 300 exam isnt all that bad. Its all case study based which can be a bit difficult. I found the worst part of that exam is spending 5 to 10 mins reading the case study and then when looking at the questions, trying to remember all the info you just read and doing it a couple of times

Best advice on that one, would be know the MS product sheets :D

Your dead right, checked it just now. 305 counts as an elective if you've done 306. Overall it wouldn't have made any difference I would still have done 229 (my employer paid for course and exam, I done 305 off my own back) but I'm still a bit annoyed. You shouldn't have to request your welcome pack it should be automatically sent or at least have an email sent - "congrats on getting lastest exam - your now a nnnnnn".

Anyway thanks for pointing that out, I'm booking a 5 day course (2710) in preparation for 70-300 later on today......

If you take a look at this post, there is a bit on the question types. You should take a look at the testlet ones..

Advertisement