Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of help needed please

Options
  • 16-10-2007 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi,

Don't know if I'm posting in the right place but could someone set me right on this please. Planning to go travelling so will be terminating my eircom phone line /account. Can I still have access to my eircom email address? Thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

ashie wrote: »
    Hi,

Don't know if I'm posting in the right place but could someone set me right on this please. Planning to go travelling so will be terminating my eircom phone line /account. Can I still have access to my eircom email address? Thanks .

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Though you will have to use the SMTP (outgoing mail server) of whichever ISP you are connected to. Reading the email via pop or using Webmail is no problem.

You may not get access to update any eircom hosted FTP or Web content when not connected via Eircom. Reading it is no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ashie

Thanks for that. At least I will be able to read it. Is there any way of being able to transfer any mail that I get sent to my eircom address to another address like hotmail etc etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

no need ! start using this now

http://webmail.eircom.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ashie

Thats great spongebob. Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

ashie wrote: »
    Thanks for that. At least I will be able to read it. Is there any way of being able to transfer any mail that I get sent to my eircom address to another address like hotmail etc etc.

You can do this with Gmail. Set up a Gmail address and set to 'auto-fetch' from your Eircom account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

yahoo will too

Advertisement