Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's a good jacket for a guy?

• 16-10-2007 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having trouble deciding what jacket to get as I need a new one with winter approaching but I'm oblivious to the latest trends. I'll be using it mainly for college. I want one that's black or maybe denim blue since other colours don't really suit me. I also don't want to be paying silly money for one, say €150+. (I'm a poor student, woe is me :))

I've been to Unique but haven't seen anything that caught my eye. The ones I liked in Debenhams were too dear.

Anyone got any suggestions? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

H+M. Good selection, got a nice one there a while ago for €50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭howaya

dark navy classic peacoat at Topman: €95

take a look:

http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=17551&storeId=12555&categoryId=85959&parent_category_rn=38994&productId=403196&langId=-1

you can't go wrong with this item - warm, practical, frames the face, works well with jeans, cosy pockets, keen price.

As worn by another nice guy (RobertRedford) in classic 1970s thriller, 'Three Days of the Condor'

do it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Thanks for the help guys. I ended up going to H&M today and I bought a black coat very much like the one howaya posted. I fell in love with it as soon as I tried it on! My only concern is the size as I've lost a good bit of weight and if I put it back on then this coat won't be able to handle it.

I'm really happy with my choice though. It only cost €75 and it's very snug and warm as well as stylish. I like the high collar which I've never really had on a coat before. I also bought a grey scarf on Thursday and it goes with it very nicely. :)

I can't find a pic of the coat online but it is very much like Robert Redford's one in 'Three Days of the Condor'!

http://static.twoday.net/Feuilleton/images/condor.jpg

I'd advise any guys unsure of what coat to get for winter to pop into H&M and give it some thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

never buy a demin jacket. It goes with nothing other than an 80's haloween costume!

Dont worry about the latest trends, if you see something you like, go get it! ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Shoulda went for the leather jacket option :)

They have a good selection in Unique

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Shoulda went for the leather jacket option :)

They have a good selection in Unique

Yeah that's true. I got a nice black one there a few years back and it's still going strong. They also have a good jeans selection. Picked some nice ones up this week. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

fair enough on the leather jacket option, but very hard to get the right one.

especially if you shop in un(unique)

ps. i can't read sarcasm well on the internet but i'm hoping you were being sarcastic Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

xnay on denim and leather!

A wool coat is where it's at IMO. Peter Werth are on the ball with regards to wool jackets. Penthouse in Jervis stock them.

I cant post images because their site is flash based.

But the site url is HERE

Look at their melton 4 pocket military & melton reefer. I have both and love them

They will be on the upper end of your budget but well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

Thanks for the help guys. I ended up going to H&M today and I bought a black coat very much like the one howaya posted. I fell in love with it as soon as I tried it on! My only concern is the size as I've lost a good bit of weight and if I put it back on then this coat won't be able to handle it.

I'm really happy with my choice though. It only cost €75 and it's very snug and warm as well as stylish. I like the high collar which I've never really had on a coat before. I also bought a grey scarf on Thursday and it goes with it very nicely. :)

I can't find a pic of the coat online but it is very much like Robert Redford's one in 'Three Days of the Condor'!

http://static.twoday.net/Feuilleton/images/condor.jpg

I'd advise any guys unsure of what coat to get for winter to pop into H&M and give it some thought.

Is it the H&M on Henry St that you went to? Or Dundrum? Because I heard Dundrum has a bigger mens section.

Advertisement