Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the name of the book...

• 16-10-2007 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

... that is supposedly the rebuttal to "The God Delusion"? (oh and the author)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

isn't there a few at this stage?
    They reviewed one in New Scientist last week or other...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The Dawkins Delusion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Dawkins God by Alistair McGrath is one anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The Bible is the most popular one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

There are probably many, but you may be looking for Darwin's Angel: An Angelic Riposte to "The God Delusion"

An unfortunate title, IMO. However, I had the good fortune to catch him speaking on the Last Word a number of weeks back. An interesting chap who decided to a different approach to his rebuttal of Dawkin's book, i.e. not from an overtly Christian stance. It is one I intend to read.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

There are probably many, but you may be looking for Darwin's Angel: An Angelic Riposte to "The God Delusion"

An unfortunate title, IMO. However, I had the good fortune to catch him speaking on the Last Word a number of weeks back. An interesting chap who decided to a different approach to his rebuttal of Dawkin's book, i.e. not from an overtly Christian stance. It is one I intend to read.

I think thats the one they reviewed in NS alright. Apparently it gets bogged down is design arguments. Let us know how you get on with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

See: The Fleas Are Multiplying! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

humanji wrote: »
    The Bible is the most popular one.

Its more of a pre-emptive rebuttal, and a rather convoluted one at that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

i read one (think it may have been The Dawkin's delusion) in about 2 hours one day (i was bored).
    It really was flimsy and completely missed Darwin's point regarding scientific scrutiny versus theological jibber-jabber.

• Advertisement
Advertisement