Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't receive MMS - Meteor

• 16-10-2007 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

This isn't just another senseless rant about Meteor to add to the pile, rest assured I have done almost everything humanly possible to try and get the thing to work - no matter what I try, when someone or something sends a MMS to me it ends up in their web based storage.

They are just like 3 - and blame the problem on my phone since I wasn't stupid enough to buy a locked phone so they would have me by the balls no matter how much they slack off.

I'm sure there is nothing wrong with my phone (E61) because when I put a vodafone sim into it I could send & receive MMS. even with another meteor sim it works. I tried putting my own sim into a 3100 and the same thing happens only the MMS received message comes up in addition to the web based storage SMS they send out. When I look in the MMS inbox on the 3100 there is nothing in there only a delivery report.

the other sim I tried can't connect to the Meteor ISP so I have to pick my poison? obviously the Meteor ISP is far more useful to me than MMS will ever be. but its still annoying

Comments

They seem to be having a lot of problems right now. ISP doesn't work for me but my current SIM isn't provisioned for it. But on the other hand I still can't sign up for free texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I wasn't able to send MMS with Meteor for about the last 4 months - since I signed up. I tried 2 SIM replacements and many different phones. I was advised it was a netowkr issue affecting many customers. It seems to have been fixed in the last 2 weeks but maybe it's still affecting some.

I had the same as you "sorry sir that's nto a meteor phone". Go into a shop and ask the guy in the shop to put your SIM in his phone and send a MMS and try receive one. It won't work and voila, it's not your phone at fault any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭trant

Can you send MMS? Try sending one to your own number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

trant wrote: »
    Can you send MMS? Try sending one to your own number.

yea i can send them. and i wasted a few eur of credit sending blank MMS to myself as they keep telling me to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

towel401 wrote: »
    yea i can send them. and i wasted a few eur of credit sending blank MMS to myself as they keep telling me to do

call them and ask for it back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

call them and ask for it back

must do that. i wonder has anyone ever had any luck getting lost credit back off em?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

towel401 wrote: »
    must do that. i wonder has anyone ever had any luck getting lost credit back off em?
    I've got credit off networks before as a goodwill gesture, GPRS costs, and various other issues.

Ring them & ask. They'll tell you yes or no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i've got credit back off meteor before. they can add it immediately

Advertisement