Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Got Me A Grey,un

• 16-10-2007 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

Anybody see many grey squirels round the north east area i was out sunday saw six shot four never saw that amount round this area before and its an area i know well.
    any info on this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

come on, give us the story, where were they, in trees or on the ground, what gun, post a pic... entertain me with an amusing story of squirrel shooting!!(make it up if its too boring!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

There are quite a few in my neck of the woods (east cavan), When I had the 22lr they were always on the cards using sub sonics. Since I got the magnum, I dont go after them with a rifle but the shotgun is another story.

No 1 cartridge BBs for the drays, then 32grm 6 for whats left as they run for cover. Tufty tends to run like mad.

Last year I had 2 squirrels (greys) knocking around the garden, they are fun to watch, the kids and the wife thought they were very cute, the way they would swing out of the bird feeder etc etc.

In fact my wife mentioned that she hadn't seen the two squirrels in quite a while.......

o says I, they probabally moved on................;) :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

alan123 wrote: »
    come on, give us the story, where were they, in trees or on the ground, what gun, post a pic... entertain me with an amusing story of squirrel shooting!!(make it up if its too boring!)

they were huge the size of donkeys i was using an anti aircraft gun and they were wearing mexican hats and waving 6 shooters,
    but i sorted them out ;);)
    i swear on that or i may be struck dead were im sit..................................................

rite dat story may be a bit from the truth

they were in trees i was using a semi shooting 32 gram no4 no pics im afraid
    but one was hopping from 1 branch to the other he never touched it in fact he went back a bit and droped.

the others well they were sitting there looking stupid on the same branch nd they got nailed also,wasnt much sport with a shotgun, but i did it anyway

32g 4!! Was there even a little set of paws left?!

alan123 wrote: »
    32g 4!! Was there even a little set of paws left?!

OH No No No They went into orbit wit the the rest of the parts all that was left was a piece of fluff floating gracefully to the ground.

when youd doing a job u may as well do it right i tink i mite go nd get some 36 gr 2 day nd shoot mice:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Latest on controlling grey squirrel population in cavan, article in the local paper (celt) going to release pine martins to cull their numbers???????

Are they going to train them to attack greys only????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

no they give them special glasses!!!!!!

thats mad - how does the song go about swallowing the spider to catch the fly!!!!!

its going to end up like rabbits and mixi
    itl be a gud thing for a few years then it will be another problem

kerryman12 wrote: »
    - how does the song go about swallowing the spider to catch the fly!!!!!

".......then they called Alan to shoot the pig, he was so big, that wild pig....."

-bring it on!!

Advertisement