Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

censorship - why??

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

this thread is too confusing. some minor wants to know why we find his posts boring or crap or did i miss the point?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

faceman wrote: »
    this thread is too confusing. some minor wants to know why we find his posts boring or crap or did i miss the point?

wrong-i-r-meant-to-catch-u.jpg

/pats faceman on the head

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I am very impressed at doylers composure in this thread considering the sarcasm dripping from all sorts of places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

CuLT wrote: »
    I am very impressed at doylers composure in this thread considering the sarcasm dripping from all sorts of places.

pics or STFU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ah Doylers a decent sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Cat pic to show how one can go down, but end up up even though it ended up down.

cat2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

doyler wrote: »
    ah!!

not so much the comment, but where it was made!!

like farting in church!

i get it now!!

sorry!

Almost!

Imagine boards.ie is a house and the forums are rooms in that house. Now imagine you own the house. I'm a guest in your house and I want to go to the toilet. The first room I come across is the sitting-room so I drop my kacks and take a dump on the floor.

As I'm doing so, you come into the room. Do you calmly let me continue with my rectal dump or do you throw me out of the room (forum) and clean up (lock the thread)? My guess is you throw me out of the room :)*

That's what happened here :D

*end of lurid fantasy/educational analogy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Does anyone know why economics.ie redirects to a search engine/ad page?

That's libel. And against the Equality Act. And censorship of my freedumb of speech. And I'll be talking to my solicitor.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Almost!

Imagine boards.ie is a house and the forums are rooms in that house. Now imagine you own the house. I'm a guest in your house and I want to go to the toilet. The first room I come across is the sitting-room so I drop my kacks and take a dump on the floor.

As I'm doing so, you come into the room. Do you calmly let me continue with my rectal dump or do you throw me out of the room (forum) and clean up (lock the thread)? My guess is you throw me out of the room :)*

*end of lurid fantasy/educational analogy :D

I'd just take a picture then blackmail you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

CuLT wrote: »

Sarcasm on boards? I for one am shocked.

We have censorship, to reduce libel, slander and to stop certain offensive viewpoints from getting this lovely place into trouble. Can you imagine life without boards :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Do you calmly let me continue with my rectal dump or do you throw me out of the room (forum) and clean up (lock the thread)? My guess is you throw me out of the room
    Degsy would be the man to answer that for you... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 doyler

do you throw me out of the room (forum) and clean up (lock the thread)? My guess is you throw me out of the room :)*

no.

you just locked the room and left the stinking pile where it was!!:D

and a public THANK YOU to CuLT and 6TH!!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Fair dues to Doyler that at least he has accepted and taken on board what he did wrong and why it got locked etc. Thats better then about 99% of similar posts here. You pass, you can stay :):p

Ahem, now there will follow a rant on behalf of the DeVore Party.

It really really grinds my gears when people scream censorship (I'm not slateing Doyler here, I mean the others) when something like Burma is going on *right now*.

We live in the fncking Shire compared to many places in the world and for people to shout "help help I'm being opressed", particularly while the monks are being rounded up and shot over there is just sickening. You have no idea how bad things could be because, while God knows I'm well aware of the problems of being a publisher here, we dine on cake every day of the week in terms of freedom of expression compared to much of the world.

We've created and managed one of the few non-big-business, non-governmental controlled/influenced platforms in the country and we take personal (and corparate) risks to do so.
    Those arent the typical actions of a group hellbent on censorship, those in fact are the very opposite.

It would be ironic and laughable were it not so serious here and deadly in other places that people come here and tar us with the word we strive against. Freedom isnt anarchy, it comes with some understanding of responsibility of its use and consideration for others around you.

Here endeth the sermon.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Amen to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Testify!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

DeVore wrote: »
    It really really grinds my gears when people scream censorship (I'm not slateing Doyler here, I mean the others) when something like Burma is going on *right now*. endeth the sermon.

Who's burma?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Bugger.

Advertisement