Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved house - options?

Options
  • 17-10-2007 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭

Have just moved house into the Killiney/Shankill (shanganagh road) area from a flat that had NTL, into one that has *shudder* clearwire. (don't ask, ran out of time on the lease, had to jump. Should have thought to ask did broadband mean IBB or Clearwire). I was just wondering if anyone knows what the area is like for broadband and what my options are (I was thinking of bringing in my own BB if necessary and leaving the existing clearwire ****e up to the landlord.) I'll be using it for large FTP downloads (game demos, steam purchases) and perfectly legal torrenting of Linux ISOs etc. There's no phone installed so I can't use the line checker to see if DSL is available. I know some people have had problems with NTL traffic shaping torrents but I'd been getting reasonable speeds from them before this (or at least the speeds hadn't dropped)

Advertisement