Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going to buy a Roaster

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

liamoross wrote: »
    donnacha wrote: »
    Have a read of this thread - they mention a contact at Hoptop direct that you can send an email - sounds like they keep some stock locally in UK:

Thanks Donnacha.
    Shelly got back to me and I'm going to go ahead and purchase the roaster.
    Can you give me advice on the best sites to buy green beans??

Thanks!

I got my hottop directly from the manufacturer. The process was a bit weird but it worked well in the end and I am very happy with it.

I think I went through alibaba.com but I have the details somewhere if you want them?

PS: Sorry just seeing you have already contacted them

I normally got my beans from Coffemojo.ie or sweetmaria.com.

The best thing about green beans is that they wont go stale for months so shipping delays are not an issue.

It cost me around 14-18 euro per kg, that's 4 euro per 250 gr of unroasted coffee (around 212 gr after roasted). Sweetmaria is cheaper but shipping cost will bring costs up to around the same price.

You are gonna love the hottop, great machine, very easy to use. I have had it for 2 years and never had a single issue with it. I use it about 2 times a week

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭caol ila

I get my green from bellabarista in UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

The LCD display on our hot top (the fancy pants model) is starting to go. There's blank areas across two bands of the display. Luckily it doesn't impact on the entered profiles working, but it may well be that the whole thing could go blank, which would be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

alastair wrote: »
    The LCD display on our hot top (the fancy pants model) is starting to go. There's blank areas across two bands of the display. Luckily it doesn't impact on the entered profiles working, but it may well be that the whole thing could go blank, which would be a problem.

How long did you have it for? I had mine for a good few years now (I think almost 3) and is still looking ok.

I suppose you know that you can replace the front LCD display but it is not cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Bohrio wrote: »
    How long did you have it for? I had mine for a good few years now (I think almost 3) and is still looking ok.

I suppose you know that you can replace the front LCD display but it is not cheap

We have the roaster a good few years - 2008 possibly?

I saw that alright - but unless the display gets worse, it's still usable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Do any of the home roasters on the market do batches of 500g or is 250g the norm ?

Advertisement