Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs vice-chairman Kemsley quits

Options
  • 17-10-2007 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Tottenham vice-chairman Paul Kemsley has resigned from the board with immediate effect.
    The announcement was made to the Stock Exchange as Spurs also revealed £28m profits for the last financial year.

Kemsley was said to be closely involved in the club's attempts to bring Seville coach Juande Ramos to White Hart Lane.

He was part of a delegation which travelled to Spain to speak to Ramos but has now left the club to focus on business interests in the USA.

Chairman Daniel Levy said: "It is with regret that I announce the resignation of Paul Kemsley.

"Paul has recently expanded his property business interests in the United States and feels that inevitably his time spent overseas will impact upon his ability to fulfil his role with the club.

"Paul has worked with me for the past six years at the club and I thank him for his advice and counsel during this period."

606: DEBATE
    Give your reaction to the news

The club's financial position is healthy, with a record turnover and profit for the last financial year.

Last year's Uefa Cup campaign, when Martin Jol's side reached the quarter-final stage, and successive fifth-placed Premier League finishes, led to the club posting a turnover of £103.1m for the year ending 30 June 2007, up £29m on the 2006 figures.

Operating profit before football trading and depreciation increased from £4.6m to £32m while operating profit before training totalled £29.7m from £2.4m for the previous year.

The club's profit before tax increased massively to £27.7m from £600,000 with retained profit for the year £18.9m.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

I guess the key is, how much influence did he have over the day to day managing of the club at a football level? If he did, and he was the main person behind the "get Jol out campaign" I would say this is good news for Spurs and may bring some stability back to the club. This is all of course supposition, I don't really know how much he was involved and how great his influence was! I suspect his main role was financial, and if the club is as healthy as people are saying, I guess we owe some thanks to that to him? I guess the big question now is, who takes his place. I would love to know what Jol thinks of this!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

apparently he had a lot to do with the "Jol out" campaign so i say good riddons to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

have to say i never liked the guy ... always looked like a shify 2nd hand car salesman ... but i guess this probably won't be the last we see of him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Very dodgy character from what I know, good mates with Bent 'Arry which should always set alarm bells ringing.

Advertisement