Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering from hardwareversand.de

Options
  • 17-10-2007 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I would like to place an order with this website. Has anyone ordered with them before and if so was the transaction process easy? Do you have to pay a small charge of cash on delivery, I'm sure I saw a €4 cash on delivery charge on the website, this would not suit me as I would be getting items delivered to my work address and may not be available when the stuff arrives.

Any feedback appreciated

~livEwirE~

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Similar topic about this crowd here recently

Only able to pay through bank transfer, takes approx 10 days to go through

If my memory serves me right no COD to Ireland.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

cheers for the info m8!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

bear in mind alot of people have had problems with them eg sending them money and weeks later they claim they dont have it!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Sent money to them toay and ticked the express box for €25. BOI said close of business tomorrow, may be worth it ;) ...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    may be worth it ;)

HWV are not good for speed of delivery. Your 25 euro was essentially wasted. If you wanted fast delivery, komplett's the place to go IMO. As has been noted, HWV are slow to acknowledge your bank transfer and shipping takes time (but is fixed at 20 euro which is very nice).

In short, my purchasing algorithm goes like this:

If you want stuff cheap, and are not in a hurry: Hardwareversand
    If it's a large order: Hardwareversand
    otherwise: Komplett

:)

• Advertisement

Khannie wrote: »
    HWV are not good for speed of delivery. Your 25 euro was essentially wasted. If you wanted fast delivery, komplett's the place to go IMO. As has been noted, HWV are slow to acknowledge your bank transfer and shipping takes time (but is fixed at 20 euro which is very nice).

In short, my purchasing algorithm goes like this:

If you want stuff cheap, and are not in a hurry: Hardwareversand
    If it's a large order: Hardwareversand
    otherwise: Komplett

:)

'twas €30 for me.

Well my order was €900 - everything needed to build an SLi 8800 rig without the actual cards, due to my unique cashflow situation :rolleyes: - end result it turned out at least €100 cheaper than anywhere else.

Im unsure from this now...
    Only able to pay through bank transfer, takes approx 10 days to go through

I presume you mean just the transfer, delivery is longer on top of that?

How long, from acknowledgement of fund transfer, do HWV take to ship? And do they provide tracking details etc, I presume they use DHL?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

My total delivery time (including bank transfer) was around 10 working days. The tracking they provide only works as far as its point of departure from Germany. It's not trackable from that point until it hits Ireland. This takes about 2 days from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Decided to go with Komplett in the end - have read too many horror stories on boards :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

livEwirE wrote: »
    Decided to go with Komplett in the end - have read too many horror stories on boards :eek:

really? I've never had a problem with them apart from a german layout keyboard which was in fact my fault.

I've returned items to them as well and had no problem getting them replaced.

Most of the problems I hear from people is to do with the transfer of money, which is nearly always because the buyer didn't use the expediated method of transfering money or the bank sits on its hands and doesn't send the money until the last day. HWV clearly states that an order will be canceled if they don't receive payment within 3 working days of purchasing so it is up to the buyer to inform them before hand when to expect payment.

Plus of the orders i've made with them i've received them all within 7 days. I wouldn't mind the extra wait anyway if it means getting my stuff a few €100 cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I have ordered twice from Hardwareversand. The goods came the next day but I guess it helps that I live in Germany! :D

• Advertisement

*punches axer (virtually, don't ban me :D)

Another thread resurrection :rolleyes:

How long roughly is the wait once the goods have been despatched? This is for a full system (well, minus GFX)

Also, as for tracking the packages, the identcodes they have given me don't work in any way on the DHL website - anyone know where to put them or do I need to make another phone call?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

No one speaks English!....they don't respond to email....i ordered my X38 mobo from them, they got the money swiftly and it was dispatched ok, it's just the tracking system is screwed up.

You gotta call and hope someone speaks English to get the Irish DHL tracking number.

You gotta call and hope someone speaks English to get the Irish DHL tracking number.

Coolio, I'll give them another ring in the morning so. Cheers.

Advertisement