Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Remembering passwords in IE6

• 17-10-2007 9:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

This may be a silly question, but I can’t Google an answer anywhere.
    You know the way IE remembers passwords for you at various sites, by asking the first time you enter a site. Well I say no to a few sites by mistake, and now have to manually enter passwords… it’s a pain.
    Is there anyway to reverse my no decision and/or edit the list of sites for which IE keeps passwords.
    Ta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Check your setting in Tools - Internet Options - Content Tab - Autocomplete. Also bear in mind that certain pages that have username and password fields may be coded in such a way to prevent use of autocomplete functionality (generally for your own security).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

giddyup wrote:
    Check your setting in Tools - Internet Options - Content Tab - Autocomplete.
    Thanks, but that only allows me to clear all pwd's or toggle on/off. What I want is some way of getting IE to remember passwords for sites where I initially told it NO to the question Remeber password for this site?. Somewhere IE must keep a list of sites visited, for which it is not to prompt to save password - I want to edit that list and remove an entry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Yes you can enable prompt to save passwords..

Click AutoComplete for

Usernames and passwords on forms
    Check the box Prompt me to save passwords

That should do the trick

Ginger wrote:
    That should do the trick
    No. That will only work for new sites. Maybe I am not being clear:
    • Assuming AutoComplete password prompt is switched on
    • You visit a site for 1st time, IE will prompt you to remember the password
    • If you say YES - then it will remember for ever more
    • If you say NO - it will never ask you again
    This last point is my question. Once you say NO, it will never ask you again. But I want IE to now remember passwords for sites I have visited and said no to in the past. The answer to my question (if one exists) presumably is with an IE config file of some sort. If is definitely not going to be solved my changing any of the settings in Tools - Internet Options - Content Tab - Autocomplete.
    Any IE hackers out there, know IE internal config files, etc???

Its amazing what google can find really..

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=348

Now if you are using IE7 then its different again, but you check out something like IE pass or PC Wizard 2007

• Advertisement

Also all of IEs config lies in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer and all the forms data is in IntelliForms

Excellent, Thanks Ginger :D I had google’d but got nowhere – must be my bad search terms.

I backedup and deleted the Registry setting in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\SPW and then did a restore after visiting the sites I wanted to override. All sorted.

Advertisement