Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting steering tracked

Options
  • 17-10-2007 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi there, new here but have a quick question that someone could answer for me and save me lookin like a tool at a car dealers.

Bought a second hand Toyota bout 2 months ago and the steering needs to be tracked. However I live in Dublin and bought it down the Country and am wondering how much would it cost me to get this done up here as opposed to taking a day off work, bringing it down the Country and getting it done free of charge from the dealer I bought it off?

Basically I wanna know would it be cheaper in the long run to take it to a garage up here and pay to get it done, or bring it down to the guy I bought it from and get it done for nothing but lose my days leave and petrol down and back?

Answers welcomed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Advance Pitstop or Fast Fit will do tracking while you wait. From memory it's around €25 - €30.

Wouldn't even be sure that the dealer you bought it off would track for free. 2 months down the line it's more than possible that the alignment is out due to hitting any of the numerous and sizeable pot holes around Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭theram

R.O.R wrote: »
    Advance Pitstop or Fast Fit will do tracking while you wait. From memory it's around €25 - €30.

Wouldn't even be sure that the dealer you bought it off would track for free. 2 months down the line it's more than possible that the alignment is out due to hitting any of the numerous and sizeable pot holes around Dublin.

:D More like speed ramps!

Cheers for the speedy reply, think I'll just play it safe and spend the €30 or so.

Advertisement