Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halting Site Evictions Row.

• 17-10-2007 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Anyone any info. on the the protest that ocurred in regard to the traveller families who were evicted from the halting site following the riots and shooting there a while back.WCTU and Brendan McCann have petitioned the Environment minister to try and reverse it.

A travellers support group has claimed discrimination.

Does anyone know of any settled families who have been evicted for anti-social behaviour?.I know of one person who was refused a house.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

mad man wrote: »
    Anyone any info. on the the protest that ocurred in regard to the traveller families who were evicted from the halting site following the riots and shooting there a while back.WCTU and Brendan McCann have petitioned the Environment minister to try and reverse it.

A travellers support group has claimed discrimination.

Why?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I never knew that evicting people who shot at each other was considered to be discrimination!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Im pretty confused about this row. From my understanding, its only supposed to be used for houses and registered people. It ended up with more then permitted, and caravans. The place is a tip, so the council decided to do a clean up and evicted those who were not supposed to be there. Leaving them live on the roadside.

If this is correct, then I cant see why they are complaining. They never had a right to be there.

If not, can someone shed some light so iv some sort of idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Sully wrote: »
    Im pretty confused about this row. From my understanding, its only supposed to be used for houses and registered people. It ended up with more then permitted, and caravans. The place is a tip, so the council decided to do a clean up and evicted those who were not supposed to be there. Leaving them live on the roadside.

If this is correct, then I cant see why they are complaining. They never had a right to be there.

If not, can someone shed some light so iv some sort of idea?

That's the same story i heard also.
    They evicted the people who were not ment to be there.

Advertisement