Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Park & Grove AGM

Options
  • 17-10-2007 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Am I right in thinking the agm was last night, raging I completely forgot about it! Can anyone out there give an idea of what went on?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Got a shock when I saw this post as we didn't receive ANY notification of the AGM and wanted to attend. Did everyone else get letters of notification?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

Grovey wrote: »
    some resident built a big garage in charlsleland park and it is huge durkan and his solicitor are going to take him to court to get it taken down. .

Where did he build it? In his back garden? Am putting a study down the back and its going to be fairly large - about 25sqm . its planning exempt, but don`t want to run into trouble - what grounds are the mgmt company trying to get him to take it down. Sorry for going off topic - mods, feel free to move if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

Does your back garden back onto someone else's back garden? if so you'd better double check that it's exempt from planning -- it's not just a question of the size of the extension you're building, there are also regulations about the distance there has to be between it and the house behind. I had a friend who was forced to take down an extension in Dublin 8 for that very reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Nearly There

Lumbarda wrote: »
    Got a shock when I saw this post as we didn't receive ANY notification of the AGM and wanted to attend. Did everyone else get letters of notification?

Also was a bit surprised as we didn't receive any notification either. Would be interested to know if this affected a large group of people?

GAN wrote: »
    Does your back garden back onto someone else's back garden? if so you'd better double check that it's exempt from planning -- it's not just a question of the size of the extension you're building, there are also regulations about the distance there has to be between it and the house behind. I had a friend who was forced to take down an extension in Dublin 8 for that very reason.

Nope - we back on to the wasteland between charlesland grove/park and the link road, so there is no one behind us. I

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hijack

about this shed have any of you seen it ????? as far as i know from talking to the gentle man its under the building regulations!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Sky Captain

Ref earlier query on building extensions, notwithstanding planning requirements, permission is absolutely required from the management company; see extract from lease as follows:

Alterations

14.1 Not to make any alteration in or to the sold premises without the approval in writing of the Lessor and the developer or the management company of the plans and specifications submitted to the Lessor and the developer or the management company for approval and to make those alterations only in accordance with the said plans and specifications when so approved and to obtain at the Lessee’s own expense all licences planning permissions and other things necessary for the lawful carrying out of such alterations and to comply with all regulations applicable generally and or to the specific works undertaken.

14.2 Not without prior consent in writing of the Lessor and the developer or the management company make any alterations or additions whatsoever (structural or otherwise) to the private garden forming part of the sold premises or to carry out any development within the meaning of the Local Government Planning and Development Act 2000 or use the private garden forming part of the sold premises in such a manner as to be or become a nuisance or annoyance to the Lessors and occupiers of any of the other houses or units or to detract from the amenities of any of the other houses.

hijack wrote: »
    about this shed have any of you seen it ????? as far as i know from talking to the gentle man its under the building regulations!!!!!!

Would love to hear is POV on this. If it is the house I think it is, then that garage is not the biggest one I have ever seen, nor is it putting out any of his neighbours. Why on earth would Durkan take him to court to get it removed?

Ref earlier query on building extensions, notwithstanding planning requirements, permission is absolutely required from the management company; see extract from lease as follows:

Alterations

14.1 Not to make any alteration in or to the sold premises without the approval in writing of the Lessor and the developer or the management company of the plans and specifications submitted to the Lessor and the developer or the management company for approval and to make those alterations only in accordance with the said plans and specifications when so approved and to obtain at the Lessee’s own expense all licences planning permissions and other things necessary for the lawful carrying out of such alterations and to comply with all regulations applicable generally and or to the specific works undertaken.

14.2 Not without prior consent in writing of the Lessor and the developer or the management company make any alterations or additions whatsoever (structural or otherwise) to the private garden forming part of the sold premises or to carry out any development within the meaning of the Local Government Planning and Development Act 2000 or use the private garden forming part of the sold premises in such a manner as to be or become a nuisance or annoyance to the Lessors and occupiers of any of the other houses or units or to detract from the amenities of any of the other houses.

Thanks - am going to call cuala and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

daveco23 wrote: »
    Would love to hear is POV on this. If it is the house I think it is, then that garage is not the biggest one I have ever seen, nor is it putting out any of his neighbours. Why on earth would Durkan take him to court to get it removed?

on principle maybe? it is violating the lease and he built it without management permission. If they don't enforce the lease then they end up with another satellite dish situation where it becomes a free-for-all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 avantarklu

The Section of the lease covering alterations is, as with most of the rest of the document utterly ridiculous. However, as Loyatemu has pointed out, any non-compliance with the terms of the lease is a violation and should be ruthlessly enforced. Neither the Leasee nor the Lessor can be selective about which terms are complied with and which are ignored (personally, I would gladly abide by every single section if I could selectively choose to ignore the one which says I have to pay my annual service charge).
    Solution? Every time a resident wishes to make an 'alteration' to their property or their garden, the Mgt Co should be written to (preferably contact should be sent directly to the Directors at the registered office - don't forget to include plans and specifications). Such instances requiring approval might include:
    - painting a room
    - hanging a picture
    - laying a floor covering
    - converting an actic (God forbid!)
    - changing a light bulb
    - planting a flower
    - cutting the grass
    - installing a garden shed
    - altering the deck\patio area

Please remember, the above list is not exhaustive. If in doubt, please contact your management company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

oh man I'm going to be taken to the high court 15 times for hanging pictures alone.I put nails in the wall making holes thus altering the property also I put wooden floors and carpets in and hung blinds and curtains as well as painting windows where the paint was flaking off.I agree with avalanktur. The clause is utterly uninforcable in a court of law for the reasons he gives its a general contractual clause as Im reliably informed and a judge would laugh it out of court for not being specific enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

hi all!
    just joined in on the shed debate and was wondering about the garden shed that was built ,surely your civil rights and european commissioncome into play .if its under the planning and the council have no problem with it why would any o ne else .i d totally understand if it was a shack !!! . is it a case of jealous neighbours (WITH SATELLITE DISHS BLAH BLAH). IT SEEMS WERE IN A DICTATOR SHIP IN 2007 .:confused::confused:

I Really Feel What Was More Important And Needs Addressing Is The Cars Speeding In And Out And Most People Live Here And Alot Like Myself With Young Children .some People Drive To Fast And Dangerously .agm Didnt Address It And We Got No Notification It Was On .wonder Can We Get The Minutes From It ? And Why Was Nobody Informed .

AshBy wrote: »
    What hasn't been mentioned in any of the discussion regarding the 'grumpy/jealous' neighbours is that the Resident who built the garage did not mention his intention to build to any of his neighbours (or the Developer / Mgmt company as stipulated under the lease), despite the fact that the Resident was quite happy to tell each neighbour that he had! They found out when the building was going up. The Resident then appear to mislead the neighbours as to the eventual size of the building.

Right so, from the way things are going you now need permission from the Management Company and your neighbours to do anything to you house! Is that the case Ashby?

Woodser, hope you are paying attention :rolleyes:

Why would some one have to give detailed descriptions to neighbours to get their approval! Nothing to do with them!

Anyone here get calls from neighbours to let them know that they are getting work done on their house? Did the provide the required architectural drawings and signed petitions to allow them to carry out the work?:rolleyes:

anyway its all a fuss about nothing !!! its a garden shed not the empire state building... whether permission given by manangement but i feel its blown out of porportion .alot of residents inc myself have satellite dishes etc (without perm).also people have cat flaps in front doors surelly thats changing the house .are we all going to complain .i think let the family be its not at all bad .good finish looks well .its not big or intrusive to neighbours or fellow residents .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Grovey, your comments here are potentially libellous.

It would be appreciated if you could substantiate your allegations, and if not, then you must withdraw them.

Whatever about being told something in a private conversation, to post such claims on a forum viewable by anyone is leaving yourself (and possibly Boards) open to legal action.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Folks,

I've re-opened the thread, but 7 posts in total have been deleted.

Inch, Ashby, fil6162 - I've had to delete your posts too, but only because they referenced the original offending posts, this is not a reflection on your comments (see below).

Contrary to what some people think, neither myself or Mike enjoy having to delete posts, but as has been said on numerous occasions - this is a privately owned website, and free speech is not a "right" here.

Boards.ie can be legally liable for comments made here - not just the person who makes the comments. Repeating a libellous statement can also be considered libel as far as I am aware, so we have to err on the side of caution and also delete threads that quoted the original comments made. We would also ask you to err on the side of caution when posting here.

Also - if you feel a comment is entirely inappropriate, please use the "report post" button under the persons username. This will bring it to our attention, and if necessary, we can then just moderate one post, rather than a load of others referencing it also.

If anyone has any questions regarding any of this, please just drop myself or Mike a private message and we will respond. If you have any problems with the moderation, please do the same, or take it to the feedback forum where those queries belong, so this thread can be kept on topic.

thanks,

Eoin

Advertisement