Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fold-up bike

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭nakano3153

Yes, that's another one of mine. Why did they make it here? Because I live here! My main work is as a bike industry 'journalist' for magazines in Japan and Europe and I know the people at Dahon for many years.
    -Tom

I don't think any bike shops here in Ireland deal with Dahon bikes, officially at least. I'm surprised because the level of interest we got when shooting those videos around Dublin was astounding. I would consider selling them myself, although it has to be said that the retail prices are pretty high, maybe too high for the Irish market, which has traditionally been a dumping ground for excess and out-of-date inventory from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

RedTea wrote: »
    bit of an aside, but why are they making dahon videos in dublin when they dont really see them here for sale? Is there an official Dahon dealer int he country?

is this your work again on the mini bike
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOo18LU6nfo

Nice shot, but this is not really Dublin:

1. I very much doubt such a bicycle will be there after being left unlocked in Dublin. They should have included a few little scangers spotting the bike at least.

2. Where are those massive pot-holes that we cyclist are so much used to?

3. I had expected at least one scene of a TGV or BusEireann nearly crashing the cyclist.

4. The guy should have gone for beer. Not for milk.

5. It is not raining.

and last

6. Bromptons are still a way ahead of Dahon. But this is personal preference.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3tgdlk8xlc&feature=related

gzoladz wrote: »
    Nice shot, but this is not really Dublin:

1. I very much doubt such a bicycle will be there after being left unlocked in Dublin. They should have included a few little scangers spotting the bike at least.

You're dead right, but I'm thinking part of the appeal of a folding bike is you can bring it into your office or wherever you work. My beautiful Custom Cannondale got nicked five years ago under my nose in Dublin and I still haven't gotten over it.

The problem with those videos is that some of the 'talent' couldn't ride with the seatpost in the correct position (despite previous assurances that they were keen cyclists) - we were stuck with them on the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

hi Tom thanks again for the bike,I love it!
    went out today and got some fancy lights,toolkit etc for it
    should have it set up by next weekend,so i'll report back to everyone then how I find it (but I'm a complete novice BTW :D)

• Advertisement

Dahon has announced that certain seat post bolts on its models will be replaced free of charge, since the Cadenza and Smooth Hound are involved, I am arranging to get the replacement bolts and will pass them on to Punchdrunk and penexpers as soon as I receive them.
    http://www.dahon.com/support/safety.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Thanks Tom! I'll drop around to pick up the bag at some stage too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭RDM_83

Just out of curiosity is that the wide foot bridge near IFSC that your not meant to cycle on-if it is its a perfect Dublin scene (pedestrians and bikes sharing space due to planning).On that note I'm going to cycle behind some bus shelters on the way home from UCD :(

To be honest I can't remember where that bridge is - all of those videos were shot in 2006! I think it might have been around the IFSC alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

It is actually. That's the new bridge that actually everyone cycle on.

• Advertisement

I now have the replacement bolts for the bikes, buyers please contact me to arrange handover.
    -Tom

Advertisement