Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mmm, a cheap way to get a redesign

Options
  • 17-10-2007 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭

The Blanchardstown Centre have a competition to redesign their website. The prize is 1000euro in Blanch Centre vouchers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

ok I find that kinda disgraceful for some reason ... and yes I realise I don't have to enter the competition ...

its sponsored by Bank Of Ireland ... I mean WTF ? ... does this kinda thing really need sponsorship *sighs*

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

poor form!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

/me sends email referring them to webpagesireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

I like the idea! It's only a design concept and if you won, it would be nice on the portfolio! :D

DJB wrote: »
    I like the idea! It's only a design concept and if you won, it would be nice on the portfolio! :D

I like the idea as well .. I just find 1000 eur a bit of an insult ...

There are 200 ish ? shops in the place ...
    1000 / 200 = 5 eur per shop ...

ok I realise its not being done by the shops as such just the centre ... but still ... having the competition sponsored by BOI as well seems crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭randombar

Ya a 1000 notes to Blanchardstown shopping center is nothing, reckon webpagesireland has it in the bag anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ianhobo

rule 11. Designs shall be accepted in the following formats, .jpg , .tif, .bmp, .png, .psd

It looks like they only want a concept, but with consideration for the remaining current content. I don't think you'd actually have to produce an entire site

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Imagine sending in a .bmp to them! :D

It is only a concept... and maybe if you won, you could pimp doing the whole thing for them! :D

Also, I'd feel less guilty spending €1,000 in vouchers in blanch than €1,000 hard cash I got elsewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

The source files must be provided if a design is chosen as the winner, preferable in .psd.
    DJB wrote: »
    Imagine sending in a .bmp to them!
    but I designed it in MS Paint, honestly! :D

Wow, talk about cheap-skating!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Laslo wrote: »
    Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

I like monkeys :)

Ah just buy a template and there ya go

Ph3n0m wrote: »
    I like monkeys :)

Me too. They're cute little fellows. But I wouldn't want one driving my taxi, doing my accounts, flying a plane where I was a passenger or designing my website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭tigerforest

Maybe they already have someone lined up and would just want a good idea ;)

Maybe they already have someone lined up and would just want a good idea ;)

Well by the sound of it, they're looking for loads and loads of good ideas - and they'll award the design they decide to use with a grand. Web design on the cheap. Although a shopping centre the size of Blanch should really be looking for professionals to do this kind of work. Pathetic really.

Laslo wrote: »
    Well by the sound of it, they're looking for loads and loads of good ideas - and they'll award the design they decide to use with a grand. Web design on the cheap. Although a shopping centre the size of Blanch should really be looking for professionals to do this kind of work. Pathetic really.

Technically its not even a grand though is it ... considering markup on goods :|

Speaking of markup, it'll be interesting to see the final result of that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭randombar

Right lads and lassies a shiny new donkey for anyone that designs me a new look for rate my pub.
    and brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 BSmith

I did actually apply for it, but added a comment whereby I would do a concept if I was shortlisted rather than shooting in the dark...

... Really its just the idea of third party kickbacks from outsourcing all the SEO to people who actually know about it which interests me in it... and that dodgy 90's logo on my shiney website! I certainly wouldn't develop the website for €1k, and would expect Blanch to actually pay the cost, and maybe leave Bank Of Ireland to sponsor an art comp for local children instead... What we all do at professional and myself (semi-professional) level isnt charity.

However I wouldn't mind paying for XMAS on it this year.

Cheers,
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 BSmith

Still No Reply,

I'm disappointed, one of my favourite, international best selling artists co-worker has gotten back to me quicker than them :mad:

Advertisement