Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bolton part with Little Sam..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

D'ya think Warnock is regretting taking the Palace job. He had his eyes on a Prem team I reckon.

Sammy Lee never seemed cut out for management. Good coach though. Someone will snap him up for number 2 soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Would Rafa have him as his number 2 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Was always going to happen. He just didn't have the respect of the players. I certainly wouldn't be scared/intimidate by him. I'd say Anelka pi**ed himself every time the small fella got angry.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

i think everyone saw this coming, not sure who'd be favourite to replace him though. Warnock would have been a good shout a week ago, maybe Paul Jewell as hes local.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i think everyone saw this coming, not sure who'd be favourite to replace him though. Warnock would have been a good shout a week ago, maybe Paul Jewell as hes local.

i'd be surprised if Jewell would return to a relegation dog fight, seeing as it's why he left in the first place. i'd say he'd rather return to the championship...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

emc2 wrote: »
    Would Rafa have him as his number 2 ?

Does he speak Spanish? :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I can't believe he's only 48.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I think, of those available, Jewell would be perfect alright. The question is if he is ready to return to football. I know they're in a relegation fight, but they have the players to be comfortable mid-table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

A decent manager would keep them safe I'd imagine. It's probably right to get rid of him early, especially if he's lost the dressing room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Stoopid appointment in the first place. Not that I'm too bothered anyway, its only Bolton. They can go down for all I care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

David O'Leary? :eek:

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This was coming for a very long time. He never seemed all that comfortable with being in charge. I wouldn't be surprised if Glenn Roeder was approached with the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Steve Staunton ? I can dream ,can't i ....

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Paul Jewell looks like a fairly natural replacement I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Shred

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Does he speak Spanish? :)

He's actually fluent, which made it more surprising when Rafa decided to let him leave for the England coaching job early into his tenure as a lot of people thought he'd have been a great help with rafa settling in.

Advertisement