Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pc - Help??

Options
  • 17-10-2007 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I am getting a new pc for work – mainly using AutoCad, 3ds Max, Photoshop and After Effects.

I’ve picked out a dell precision 490 with
    One Intel® Xeon® 5130 (would it be worth spending a bit extra and go for a Quad Core Intel® Xeon® E5345)
    2 Gb Memory
    128MB nVidia Quadro FX550 Graphics Card

I’m torn between the Samsung 226CW or the 245B (€450 @ komplett)
    Should I sacrifice the quality of the 226CW and go for the bigger 245B?
    – I’m also going to be running my old 19” crt in dual mode.

Will the graphics card run both monitors together?

Or should I go for a cheaper 22” and beef up my graphics card?

Thanks for any advice....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

for using programs like photoshop, and especially auto cad, you would idealy want the biggest monitor u can get , and a good grafix card is genaerally required for those two programs aswell. (dont know wat the rest of the programs are)

go for the 245B, its alot more future proof, and will be easier to work with, you will need a decent grafix card for it tho

(any grafix card with dual DVI output will run dual monitors)

id say that grfx card will JUST be cutting it for those programs

• Registered Users Posts: 33 switchrider

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go for it.... maybe chuck in a few extra quid for a better graphics card - cheers for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If i were you i would get a core 2 quad Q6600. Save some money and upgrade the ram to 4gb. Especially if you use a 64bit os

Advertisement