Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

n95 gps? and games?

• 17-10-2007 11:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭

Lads im pretty good with phones and ive had a load of symbian nokias, ive always used bluetooth gps, i still have a sirf3 so this isnt a major issue but i cant for the life of me get the n95 gps to lock satellites?

I have latest firmware, ive no maps downloaded yet (that map loader is seriously slow) but surely i should be able to get a gps position in the gps app?

ive tried that and it says waiting for gps, check satellite status and i see 3/4 lines with no's like 17 and 22?

anyone help me?

also anyone playing any decent mobile games at the moment, just something to pass a bus journey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Symbian games slowed down incredibly last year. You can still get any amount of Java games, which have gotten better, but the Symbian ones were by far the best - look up Brothers in Arms, Carmageddon, Lock and Load (if you want online FPS), etc. For some reason, no decent one are coming out anymore - it's all Java. Which again is fine, and great for 2d games, but 3d games are far inferior in Java.

On the Java side of things, the best one's I've ever played are Panzer Tactics and Ancient Empires II - really involving strategy games with great replayability in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yeah turn based or puzzle games suit mobiles best imo

i wonder does the agps work with 3 or is that blocked too :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

FWIW I find the GPS on the N95 to be brutally slow to do a lockon waaaaay slower than my Holux GPSlim.

Have you download the latest Maps application - it has a new GPS indicator which gives a wee bit more information and is animated so you have something to look at while you're waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I found the GPS got worse on mine when I upgraded to the new map software :( When view Satilite info I see a lot of numbers with the boxes beside them but it just wont lock on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

Cyrus wrote: »
    i wonder does the agps work with 3 or is that blocked too :rolleyes:

Doesn't work on mine anymore. Nor widsets. Nor Profimail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

b@stards :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

parsi wrote: »
    Have you download the latest Maps application - it has a new GPS indicator which gives a wee bit more information and is animated so you have something to look at while you're waiting.

I was very disappointed (annoyed, actually) that the latest Maps removed the free route tracking. A full hard and soft reset, which wiped the entire phone and restored it to its original state, gave me the old Maps application back. I had to reconfigure the phone from scratch, but worth the effort for me.

Advertisement