Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas District Licencing

Options
  • 17-10-2007 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

I'm concious of the libel rules, and sensitivities etc. here so will try to phrase this correctly...

I'm based in the Naas district (Celbridge is local station) and wish to apply for a target air pistol licence. I've a letter from the club and a good safe, alarm etc. (First ever licence)

What score would you give to the local/district FAO's/Super give using my 'patented' scale to rate the service, 1 being 'couldnt even get an air-rifle for my 500 acre farm even though I'm Olympic Champion' to 10 'I've already got 5 Glocks and Barrett .50 on the way'.

Also, did they ask for anything in particular (as they are perfectly entitled to do)?

Again, please no 'he's and eejit and smells funny' stuff, just your score and the facts please.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Ned Muldhoon

Most districts in Kildare have a very positive attitude to target and game shooters. Naas is no exception.

Assuming the CPO gives your premises the OK and your club is authorised (although this is not a strictly legal requirement at the moment) your application should be successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

Assuming the CPO gives your premises the OK and your club is authorised (although this is not a strictly legal requirement at the moment) your application should be successful.

They've got their authorisation and security arrangements are sound, so things are looking up. Will have to take a trip to ID the FAO and get an appt. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Ned Muldhoon

Just call the general office and ask to speak to the officer in charge of firearms although they generally handle applications if you just show up!

There are are some pistol clubs in Kildare - any problems - it might be worth taking to these guys.

Advertisement