Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Freedom - new price plan for O2 Speakeasy (free texts on weekends)

Options
  • 17-10-2007 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,934 ✭✭✭✭

Don't know if it's been mentioned here yet but O2 have now followed Meteor's plan by offering free texts to any network if you top up by €20 each month.

More info here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Thanks for that i was wondering when they would change
    basquille wrote: »
    Don't know if it's been mentioned here yet but O2 have now followed Meteor's plan by offering free texts to any network if you top up by €20 each month.

More info here!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i'll keep my 20c flat rate, 5c meteor flat rate and AFT thank you very much

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Note: You must obtain a "freedom sim" in order to take the offer up. You can keep your same number.

That puts me off anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,934 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sully wrote: »
    Note: You must obtain a "freedom sim" in order to take the offer up. You can keep your same number.

That puts me off anyway!
    But it's a "freedom sim" - it sounds so uplifting! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Sully wrote:

That puts me off anyway!

Eh? :confused:

As far as I know you can just log on to www.o2.ie and change your price plan to 'O2 Freedom' with a simple click.

I actually did it by accident and now I desperately want to get back to my old 'O2 Friends Night Owl' price plan but the buttons are all greyed out :(

Does anybody know if I have to wait 28 days to change my price plan back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

yeah think its 30/31 days before you can change back

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Give O2's CC a buzz. They might take pity on your mistake. :)

Its only a prepay price plan, its not that serious to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I guess the plan seems a step in the right direction... all the networks now offering very similiar things so someones gonna have to try and get one over the others soon which could mean an even better offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sully wrote: »

That puts me off anyway!

yes because typing your name and address into a website then having a sim posted to you is so much hassle:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

only free texts at the weekend. and the rest of their rates are still a good bit more expensive than meteor

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    yes because typing your name and address into a website then having a sim posted to you is so much hassle:rolleyes:
    You can change to the price plan on the website, I believe the "keep your number" reference is to people porting from other networks.

@towel401 - free texts are to any network though, which is a nice change.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

krudler wrote: »

Yes it is actually. Its pointless having to fill in a reg form and having to obtain a new sim to get access to a special offer. The technology is out there, use it - dont have people switching SIM cards for these new offers.

Some are saying you can just switch price plan - and no sim replacement. Thats fine by me. Having to get a new SIM to get onto the plan - is plain stupid. Thats my opinion anyway.

EDIT: OK, either I read it wrong or the website was revised. Its now clearer who gets a new sim card. So they are using the new technology, my mistake :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Since Meteor raised their prepay prices on the Anytime plan when they introduced the Call A Friend For Free offer this price plan costs only 1c per minute more than Meteor Anytime which is now 25c per minute instead of 20c...

@Slice
    Don't forget Meteor do free Meteor texts all week while O2 do any network at the weekends. Depends what network your mates are on I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Slice wrote: »
    Since Meteor raised their prepay prices on the Anytime plan when they introduced the Call A Friend For Free offer this price plan costs only 1c per minute more than Meteor Anytime which is now 25c per minute instead of 20c...

You can still avail of the 20c rate if you want. You can choose from Anytime Xtra (25c) or Anytime Plus (20c). Both have free texts. Xtra has PAFFF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭barrett1965

I see o2 are still charging for voicemail. What gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

chrislad wrote: »
    You can still avail of the 20c rate if you want. You can choose from Anytime Xtra (25c) or Anytime Plus (20c). Both have free texts. Xtra has PAFFF.

i'm still on anytime plus but when i look at the tariff options on the site it only gives me anytime xtra and leisure time plus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

i'm still on anytime plus but when i look at the tariff options on the site it only gives me anytime xtra and leisure time plus

You can definitely still avail of it by calling 1905 or calling into a Meteor store.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

How much does Metoer/agency working for them pay you for this cr** ?

Find something else more useful but equally mind numbing to do - put some paper in the photocopier, make a coffee for your boss your obviously useless round the office when this is 1 your duties :D

People are still paying?

While it's always bothered me on the outset, when I look at it there would be no difference to me. I think I get a voicemail once every month - most people I call back when I see a missed call or they send a text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

ciaranfo wrote: »
    People are still paying?

While it's always bothered me on the outset, when I look at it there would be no difference to me. I think I get a voicemail once every month - most people I call back when I see a missed call or they send a text.

real mature ciaranfo this is off topic, its not about voicemail anyway, not that i give a damn anyway.

I apoligise, I was replying in the context of O2s current offer being competitive or not in the market and I felt the voicemail comment someone else made was relevent to require a reply. People are still willing to pay for voicemail, hence O2 are still charging. I thought that very simple really.

I have no idea how my comment is viewed as immature.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Higgsy

I made a call on an O2 speakeasy phone to a friend on a VOdafone network.

The call lasted 4.01 minutes and the call cost euro 1.97. Thats 49c a minute, which is a scandal. I am thinking of switching away from o2, I have been with them for 5 years.

Have a look at this link:

http://lukemcurley.blogspot.com/2008/06/o2-speakeasy-price-hike.html

49c is very clearly stated as their call rate. I don't see what the problem is really.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭biggles007

Random wrote: »
    49c is very clearly stated as their call rate. I don't see what the problem is really.

I don't understand this 49c
    Below is a local landline no

o2.gif

hi biggles, you're quoting a post more than 2 years old so i'm closing this thread. plans have changed since.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement