Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundrum to croker tonight.

Options
  • 17-10-2007 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hey all,
    Im heading over to croker tonight for the game, was wonder whats the best way to get there, can i get the luas or dart over, never use public trans so i dont have a clue.
    Thanks in advance.
    Vinnie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

You could get the Luas, but that stops in Stephen's Green, so not really that near Croker.

Bus it to O'Connell Street, and walk to Croker from there, not that far at all.

Bus Numbers going from Dundrum to town :

14, 14A to Parnell Square is probably your best bet.

The 44s go to Townsend Street, on the Southside, so bit of a walk.

Croker Park will be signposted from town.

Oh, Dublin Bus have a good website www.dublinbus.ie

You can type in the route number, and find out where it stops near you, it also gives a good approximatio0n of journey times.

The walk to Croker from O'Connell Street/Parnell Square is about 20-30minutes.

You could get a bus out of town.

I think the 123 goes fairly near Croker.

The 16s go through Drumcondra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

Hey all,
    Im heading over to croker tonight for the game, was wonder whats the best way to get there, can i get the luas or dart over, never use public trans so i dont have a clue.
    Thanks in advance.
    Vinnie.

Luas to Stephen's Green, walk to Dame Street and jump on the 16!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Get the LocoLink from Ballaly Luas station to the Kingston Terminal in Ballinteer and hop on a 16 there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Thanks for the help guys, got there alright, although i would have kinda prefered if i got lost:D, my first time in croker and thats what i had to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

my first time in croker and thats what i had to watch.
    You need to be there for a GAA All Ireland final to get the real atmosphere (particularly hurling). ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You need to be there for a GAA All Ireland final to get the real atmosphere (particularly hurling). ;)

Or maybe a Dubs game ;)

But I reckon the Ireland v England rugby game earlier in the year was something special.

OT I know, but there you go!

@OP - sorry you had to witness that on your first visit, but seriously, try it for a GAA game - you'll enjoy it, believe me.

Advertisement