Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forked Tongue Procedure

Options
  • 17-10-2007 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭

Came across this vid while viewing threads in AH, I will warn you if you're squiemish don't watch, there is blood and it looks damned painful!
    http://www.break.com/saw4/cutting_the_human_tongue.html

Certainly puts me off getting it done, even biting my tongue hurts for days, this... eep!:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

split tongue its more commonly known as.
    Wasnt that bad i thought but anywho using a cautery pen to seal the tongue isntead of suturing/stitching is a bad idea as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Wow,
    I never actually thought of the process involved with doing this...
    Crazy stuff.....is this reversable?

can grow back in some cases, depends how it is finished off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I thought the cautery pen was a fairly acceptable method, but that the two different methods (suturing vs pen) produce two different 'looks' at the end, and a lot of people prefer the sutured look because it's rounder or something?

as far as i know you are ment to either use a scalpel or cautery pen when doing the procedure, then suture it if you use the scalpel. im not a pro at this, wait till emmet replies, he knows more about this stuff than me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

It can be done different ways, wholy using the cautery pen or scapleling then using the pen to seal the blood vessels. Both are valid methods. Suturing can be done after using the pen too to give the rounder look to the split

Advertisement