Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

place that fixes laptops

Options
  • 17-10-2007 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

does anyone know a place that can clean out my laptop screen? it's got dust on the inside, i can't open it all the way and sending it back to the manufacturer is out of question for a number of reasons.

i can't afford much though, keep in mind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

You could always try somewhere like the Cork Computer Clinic (I think it's clinic, if not it's Cork Computer Centre) it's across the road from the Fiat garage (across the river from the College of Comm)

It's on South Terrace (i think that's what its called)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

dulpit wrote: »
    You could always try somewhere like the Cork Computer Clinic (I think it's clinic, if not it's Cork Computer Centre) it's across the road from the Fiat garage (across the river from the College of Comm)

It's on South Terrace (i think that's what its called)

They are supposed to be fairly good alright. More info on there website

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kevin.Hourican

They are supposed to be fairly good alright. More info on there website

www.Information-Providers.com in Longford have a service where the post you out a box for your Laptop and after you package it up, it is collected from any part of the country, repaired, and delivered back. Repair and shipping prices are reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

does anyone know a place that can clean out my laptop screen? it's got dust on the inside, i can't open it all the way and sending it back to the manufacturer is out of question for a number of reasons.

i can't afford much though, keep in mind.

Be aware though, most computer repair places will check with the support line for the "number of reasons" i think your talking about. They cover their a*ses basically.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

If you're on a budget I'd be wary of the cork computer clinic, after they attempted to charge me 360 euro for a replacement part (which could be picked up for 120 euro in Soundstore, just to give you an idea) and another 80 euro for the hour's work to install the part (did it myself in 10 minutes).

They probably will fix the issue for you, but you'll pay dearly for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Its just the polariser that needs to be cleaned, you could do it yourself
    The Polariser is the plastic coating over the lcd

What type of laptop is it ?

Advertisement