Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you lick the yoghurt lid?

• 17-10-2007 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

I was eating my yoghurt in work today when someone commented on the fact that I never lick the lid. She said everbody does that. i just can't lick the lid because I hate the metallic part touching my teeth. It makes me shudder!

Who here licks there yoghurt lid? Am I the only one that doesn't!

Do you lick the lid of your yoghurt? 30 votes

Yes, it's yummy and why waste the yoghurt.
    0% 0 votes
    No, that's nasty.
    76% 23 votes
    What is yoghurt?
    23% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yes, I do. Do you have sensitive teeth, by any chance? Can't figure out why else you wouldn't lick the lid :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I do lick the lid; however I never eat yoghurt.
    I remember when I was in school there was a rumour going around that licking the lid caused cancer.
    (This has nothing to do with the fact that I don't eat yoghurt though, there are just many other things I prefer to eat.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

watna wrote: »
    I was eating my yoghurt in work today when someone commented on the fact that I never lick the lid. She said everbody does that. i just can't lick the lid because I hate the metallic part touching my teeth. It makes me shudder!

Who here licks there yoghurt lid? Am I the only one that doesn't!

There is your mistake, you are meant to lick with your tongue.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

if i dont lick it, ill at the very least scrape it off w/ my spoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I don't lick it, I don't like the consistency of the yogurt there. Normally I thoroughly mix my yogurt before eating it, but you can't mix the stuff on the lid, as it is on a lid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I would mix it in with my spoon.. used to lick it when I was a kid.. Mmmm licky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Hell yeah! That's the best part!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Rhiannon14

Beg to differ, the lid goo can mix in quite well. After which the lid should also be licked *nods*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i admit i lick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thats the nummiest creamiest part of the yogurt, has to be licked :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
Advertisement