Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire: now slower than ever

• 17-10-2007 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

So my Clearwire has been running at a slow dial up speed for the past week (< 28.8 k)

Their support don't seem too bothered (taking their time replying to my e-mails.)

Am I better off just accepting this joke of a service, or has anyone managed to get results from complaining/walking away/etc.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

mine is the same at weekends and as requested i provided speed test results which wwere totally ridiculas to say the least! ranging from 93mbps to 93kbps on a 1mb line. they emailed me back asking me to confirm the particular speedtest i used for the wild results. usually good speeds during the week except 6pm-11pm and hopeless at weekends especially saturday afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

Anyone in Dundalk have problems last weekend? My speeds went down to 100 kbps download and 40 upload. :eek: Sometimes no connection at all.

I emailed and phoned them but they keep telling me to rotate my modem slowly!!!

Or to move it to another window where I might get a better signal. Yes, I'm going to start moving my very large computer desk and big old desk top PC from room to room to try to get a better signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

After ringing them and submitting your complaint, ask for your unique ticket number which they should provide.

If they refuse, say they don't have it etc..., contact Comreg saying they refused to give you ticket number for your complaint.

If they do, follow their complaints procedure using your ticket number.

Advertisement