Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Dublin - JFK

Options
  • 17-10-2007 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum for this so feel free to flame/move thread :)

Flying this route soon and just wondering does anybody know what aircraft they use for it?

Is there meals/entertainment of any kind?

And what the seating layout is?

I can't seem to find the info on Aer Lingus' maze of a site.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I'm pretty sure it's a A330.

edit - It is. You might find this handy:
    http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/96302/
    I assume AE went through Aer Lingus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

A330 and yes there are meals and i think they have TV screens either in the headrests or a big screen for all to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭omega man

Yes A330's. A mix of 300/200 versions. The new 200's have the seat back tv screens and bigger capacity than the older 200's and now regularly operate on the EI105/4 flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

omega man wrote: »
    Yes A330's. A mix of 300/200 versions. The new 200's have the seat back tv screens and bigger capacity than the older 200's and now regularly operate on the EI105/4 flights.

No way to find out which one i will be on? :)

I doubt it but just wondering,

Thanks for all the info btw guys, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭omega man

WellyJ wrote: »
    No way to find out which one i will be on? :)

I doubt it but just wondering,

Thanks for all the info btw guys, much appreciated!

More than likely one of the new 200's if its the EI105.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TirEoghain

I am just back from NY, and flew Aerlingus Dublin - JFK

Can't remember what the flight was heading out, but it left Dublin at 5pm on thursday, and it was an Airbus 330-300. It was the same flight for the EI108 flying back at 9:40pm on Monday. It had no seat back televisions, but had shared screens. These were in the middle of the middle aisle seats only, and had smaller screens on the bulkheads. TV shows shown for first 2 hours, then a movie, and then TV shows again til landing.

There are meals served, a main meal shortly after take off, after a drink service run. All alcoholic drinks have to paid for. There is a light meal shortly before landing. Meals and soft drinks were free.

Hope this helps.

Just checked, the outward flight was EI109

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Theres a multitude of aircraft...the 109 is USUALLY an A333. Theres no telling which reg. it will be, only the new A333 EI-DUZ has seat back PTVs etc. The rest just have old monitors

If it was an A332, EI-DAA has older PTV's, while EI-DUO has new AVOD

Personally if I were to travel to NY from Dublin i would fly with either Delta or Continental- food for a start would be much much better, not to mention aircraft and crew!

Advertisement