Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality of Wirlessbroadband: Dublin 7, Phibsborough, Central in Phibsborough

Options
  • 17-10-2007 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Considering getting wirless broadband (digiweb or other), but just wanted to check my area to see if anyone has had any good/bad experiences.

Dublin 7,
    Phibsborough,
    near center of Phibsborough

On the same note, if anyone could recommend a provider of a fixed wireless broadband (i.e. not broadband in a box), I'd be greatfull.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Even the "not in a box" Wireless uses about 4 or 5 quite different technologies.

It can depend mostly on your location as to which is available.

It's affected by distance, interference and trees etc too. So one bad experience does not mean a system is bad. Lots of good experience is no 100% g'tee either. As with DSL line test, till it is installed you won't be 100% sure. A pre-install test is rare.

You need view of mast from roof/chimney and access for installers to that. In the countryside occasionally a lower down aerial on the wall rather than chimney is better if there is a 70ft tree in the way.

Advertisement