Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mail gone missing

Options
  • 17-10-2007 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Well i've tryed asking a GM and opening a ticket for this but i dont get much time during the week and by the time im logging the ticket is still pending. So i was wondering can anyone here help me out.

I left the game 3months ago and before i left i did all my usual AH stuff, i had lots of neatherweave and had 3 runic spell threads on the AH. Now im just wondering what happened to them? I mean surely after they expired on the AH they would have gone to my mail box and rested there untill i returned. But my mail box was empty and no one baught the stock i had on the AH, which if i can remember, totals up to over 1,500g worth of primals and stuff. Not only is it annoying to have lost what took me a few days of solid grinding and heroic runs, but i really need that stuff to make even enough for my repair billz. Does anyone know if i can get it back or what has happened to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Mail only stays in your box for 31 days (I think) after returning from the AH, then it rots. Surprised you never noticed it before, its a fairly obvious 31 Days beside it. GM might be able to get it back for you, but you'll have to wait out a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Faylum

I thaught that your mail stays for 31 days once you open it! Cuz if you think about all them people that use their alts as banks to hold stuff wouldn't they be complaining too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

It's only 30 days and as for bank alts... I just post my alt any bags I have spare and take everything I send her and put it into her bags or else into her bank. Then I make sure I sell or disenchant anything that's coming close to the end of the 30 day limit in the post box. This isn't an error you just need to take stuff out of your mail before it expires. No such thing as free storage. That's why you pay for extra bag slots in your bank

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

30 days unopened, 4 days after opening. (I think, its been awhile since I played)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

They changed it in 2.1. Its now 30 days unopened or opened.

and yeah, OP your stuff is gone, they wont do jack to get it back :(

• Advertisement

So is it even worth complaining about? My bro tells me each acount gets a blizzard help out with one thing. In other words if u do something wrong they will fix it for you but only once, ive not complained about anything yet so do you think i could get my stuff back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Faylum wrote: »
    So is it even worth complaining about? My bro tells me each acount gets a blizzard help out with one thing. In other words if u do something wrong they will fix it for you but only once, ive not complained about anything yet so do you think i could get my stuff back?

If it was worth so much i think its worth a try. All they will say is sorry i cant help you ? or maybe they can and u will get your stuff back.

Faylum wrote: »
    Just so long as you realise its not so much a complaint, as a humble request to have your lost items reimbursed. Items that were lost due to your own mistake.

The nicer you are about it all, the more likely they are to try to help you.

Its sad but true, they are just people too ;)

Good luck with it :D

Cheers guys, shall inquire about it. If i could get one runic spell thread back i shud be fine, otherwise its back to solid grinding in netherstorm! bah...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

I think they will only reimburse you a total of 3 times per account. AFAIK.

• Advertisement

Twice per account, on a case by case basis, is my understanding. I believe one of the blue guys posted as such on the in-game customer support forums. Which are awesome, might I add...

This one time, a guy was like "Hey, I'm level 28 and someone sold me one of those purple brooms for 250g. I said, wow, thats awesome I cant wait till I hit 70 and I can use it" and the other guy said "lol, it has a 14 day duration, good luck with that :p".

So the original poster wanted to complain, saying he was scammed and he got lol'd out of the place. You cant script that type of comedy value ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Ivan wrote: »
    Twice per account, on a case by case basis, is my understanding. I believe one of the blue guys posted as such on the in-game customer support forums. Which are awesome, might I add...

This one time, a guy was like "Hey, I'm level 28 and someone sold me one of those purple brooms for 250g. I said, wow, thats awesome I cant wait till I hit 70 and I can use it" and the other guy said "lol, it has a 14 day duration, good luck with that :p".

So the original poster wanted to complain, saying he was scammed and he got lol'd out of the place. You cant script that type of comedy value ;)
    R O F L !

LoL, 250g? i bought mine for 12g haha, so he got owned twice in one scam! I do feel sorry for the guy tho, might put him off the game. Still hilarious tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Are u sure its only 14days ?
    I love collecting them kind of things. Have the slow broom and was about to go and get the fast one. If its only going to last 14days i wont even try for it.

yup its only 14 days, but im not sure if thats from when you activate it, since it says when you equip it "Do you want to bind this to you". I also love collecting all the mounts and various funny iteams, still got my crackers from the fireworks event and got snowballs and the deer mount from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

It says good for one flight but it will last till the end of "event" which ends a little while after haloween. After that it will despawn.

Advertisement