Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkish people in Dublin

• 17-10-2007 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hi,

i am turkish and i live in dublin and would like to meet more turkish people.

regards
    DK

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

You could try eating out in a Turkish restraunt in the hope of meeting some Turkish people - There's one on Parliament Street. I don't know of any social clubs etc that are available. Did you try doing a google search on-line. Best of luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Iskanders on Dame street is owned and staffed by Turks,go in and have a chat with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,472 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I only know one, they seem to just blend in with other Mediterranean people.

You might try the embassy, ther emight be a social group. There was a plan for a Turkish Cultural Centre at one stage, but I think it was just a cover for a bar/club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DrumsInMyBelly

Hi,

I know that you posted this in 2007, but I just moved to Dublin from the States and am also looking for a Turkish community.

I was a professional Turkish belly dancer in the U.S. and also did Turkish Romani dancing. Is there any place in Dublin I could continue dancing?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Hi,

I know that you posted this in 2007, but I just moved to Dublin from the States and am also looking for a Turkish community.

I was a professional Turkish belly dancer in the U.S. and also did Turkish Romani dancing. Is there any place in Dublin I could continue dancing?

Thanks!

Cant help you but love your username :D DrumsInMybelly :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

You could try the Epicurean Food Hall, there should be at least one Turkish shop there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=turkish%20friends%20in%20dublin&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CGYQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.turkishirishassociation.org%2F&ei=p0cYULzyFJSFhQe6poHoAg&usg=AFQjCNHne7dSE1zW4HSSYR5GHoNtvwZpbg

Founded in 2009, Dublin - Ireland

The aims of the Turkish Irish Association are
    •Bring together people from Turkey, living in Ireland, promote and organise support for its members.
    •Actively work on the integration of its members into Irish society and promote friendship and close relationship between Ireland and Turkey.
    •Organise / take active part in cultural, educational and social events in Ireland.
    •Support enhancing academic relationships between Ireland and Turkey.
    •As an independent group, use democratic platforms to highlight issues that affect its members at governmental (Irish / Turkish) or European level.

This might help.

Advertisement