Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body Modification and Music

Options
  • 17-10-2007 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Just thinking about this earlier,
    Is there a link between people into Tattoo's & Piercings and what kind of music you listen to?

What kind of music are you guys into?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i listen to grunge and swedish power death metal....eh no
    i listen to lots of music, from break beats, electro, some rap and other such things.
    easier to say what music i dislike... country (excluding johnny cash) & hard house dance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i think that the fact that the majority of us are fibbers regulars, or have been at some point, says a lot.

though, i think that certain piercings/tattoos are more popular with different groups of people. eg, some groups of people are likely to get those top lip (monroe?) piercings, and something tribal (probably flash) on their lower back....

personally, i love rock music, most genres but music in general. i love christy moore, johnny cash, classical, some rap (mostly more old school stuff).

i think it's safe to say that yep, music is an influence in tattoos and piercings, most certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I can generally tell from the type of tattoo a decent bit about a person. Not nesscarily their taste in music but you can get a lot from it. The same you can from the way someone dresses etc

i personally hate fibbers to be honest. i cant stand hardcore metal anymore either... everyone is different i think and cant lump people together just cos they have piercings and or tattoos

emmet care to expand on that a bit please?
    some examples if possible

i think it's a fair enough statement emmet said... i dont know if i could do it universally, but i think my own tats are all very perosnal, and do say a lot about me.

duno how you guys would have perceived them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Wilburt wrote: »
    i personally hate fibbers to be honest. i cant stand hardcore metal anymore either... everyone is different i think and cant lump people together just cos they have piercings and or tattoos

emmet care to expand on that a bit please?
    some examples if possible

Irish flag and tiochfaidh ar la on the arm, what does that conjure up to you?

Small tribal on the lower back?

Full sleeve of original artwork?

Obscure tattoo from a comic?

Irish flag and tiochfaidh ar la on the arm - republican
    Small tribal on the lower back - easy target :D
    Full sleeve of original artwork - good taste
    Obscure tattoo from a comic - nerd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭kieranmcg1

METAL METAL METAL (and some classic rock)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Rock, metal, pop rock, some dancey stuff... FIBBERS!

but yeah peoples different types of tatts and piercings generally say a lot about them, granted some can be WAY off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Calpol Junkie

Wilburt wrote: »
    Irish flag and tiochfaidh ar la on the arm - republican
    Small tribal on the lower back - easy target :D
    Full sleeve of original artwork - good taste
    Obscure tattoo from a comic - nerd

I can't believe u've so many posts and hvn't been banned yet? Pls keep u stupid answer's to urself. Tats r 4 life and NOT for idiots like YOU... Muppet.

Rule 2.
    Tats and piercings are a matter of peoples personal preferences---so what if you dont like it
    the person who paid good money for it does(and it probably has a certain meaning for them)---and thats all that matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I can't believe u've so many posts and hvn't been banned yet? Pls keep u stupid answer's to urself. Tats r 4 life and NOT for idiots like YOU... Muppet.
    I dont know how you havent been banned yet,
    10 posts and absoloutely nothing good to say.
    Keep to the topic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

More roflage. Forum is funneh this week.

On topic though, yeah I think there is something of a connection between people's piercings/tatts and the music they're into. Bit of a generalisation but I definitely get what you're saying!

Not so much people into tattoos and piercings in general, but I think particular types of tattoos and piercings tend to say different things about a person's taste in music. I've completely lost track of that train of thought now, hopefully somebody can figure out what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Clearly you were at the end of the queue when God was handing out a sense of humour!

Please refrain from personal abuse of people on this forum or you will be banned.

If you have a problem with posts - report them.

calpol junkie - i do apologise if i caused you any offence. please accept my humble apology. if you have any other problems please feel free to pm me.
    I can assure you, post count has nothing to do with IQ, oh and i do have a tattoo and i am very aware theyre for life.

I dont know, you can judge people to a point, suppose music taste is pretty irrelevant anyway... in the grand scale of things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Calpol Junkie

eth0_ wrote: »
    Clearly you were at the end of the queue when God was handing out a sense of humour!

Please refrain from personal abuse of people on this forum or you will be banned.

If you have a problem with posts - report them.
    Roffles @ ur post Moderator...
    eth0_ wrote: »
    Clearly you were at the end of the queue when God was handing out a sense of humour! Please refrain from personal abuse of people on this forum or you will be banned.
    So as a moderator its ok 4 u 2 personal abuse me then? Who moderates u? I've left 2 sections of ur forums because of Mods like u, who break boards.ie own rules. Its 1 rule for us and another rule for u. Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

128347587844687500fail.jpg

Roffles @ ur post Moderator... So as a moderator its ok 4 u 2 personal abuse me then? Who moderates u? I've left 2 sections of ur forums because of Mods like u, who break boards.ie own rules. Its 1 rule for us and another rule for u. Eh?

lurk moar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

... anyone know what the record is for fewest posts pre-complete-site-ban?:rolleyes:
    What is it lately in the various forums with new people coming in and complaining that things aren't the way they want? You don't piss in the pool you're about to dive into.

Anyway, I pretty much listen to most music types except:
    country, hip-hop, rap, "r'n'b" (lets face it most of what people call r'n'b is not), classical and traditional. Obviously there are exceptions within those genres I like but on the whole just not into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Roffles @ ur post Moderator... So as a moderator its ok 4 u 2 personal abuse me then? Who moderates u? I've left 2 sections of ur forums because of Mods like u, who break boards.ie own rules. Its 1 rule for us and another rule for u. Eh?

What was said to you was not personal abuse. You were told, to paraphrase, "You missed a joke". Now, let's say you're in college, if someone tells you, "You missed a lecture", do you cite them for personal abuse and complain about it? No, I really hope you don't. You were told the route to take if you want to complain about a post. Use it if you wish to do so. There's even a handy little box so you can explain why you felt it necessary to complain about the post in question. The problem here is, Wilburt is a frequent poster whose character on this board is notable, and who is known to be of good humour and conduct, so his remarks will be taken in the manner to which we are accustomed to. Yours are unfamiliar as your character is not established here and thus you have no rapport with the mods, of any sort. What you're doing by getting your hackles up, at a comment that had nothing pointed at you, is not doing you any favours, and will not reflect well.

I think he was just being a bit over zealous thats all,storm in a teacup or whatever the saying is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

White Stripes, Blanche, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Pink Floyd, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Dandy Warhols

things that sound like they strut with out being all tongue in cheek and post modern. screw that

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I like bits of everything.

I'm a musical whore! \o/

I wonder what someone would think of me from my tattoos/piercing?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

farohar wrote: »
    ... anyone know what the record is for fewest posts pre-complete-site-ban?:rolleyes:

It'd probably go to a one post spammer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LiveThroughThis

Well yeah...sorta...kinda...ish
    Amounts to the same type of thing as my hair or clothes does...whatever that is! :D
    They're all parts of who I am and what I feel like rather than "what" I am.
    yar know?
    As for my music...lalala label time...alternative rock ...sythnpop...electronica...punk....
    I believe that if that's how a person expresses themselves...then people will see that in them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Small tribal on the lower back?

Might as well be a bullseye.

Advertisement