Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem with XDA Orbit & activesync

• 17-10-2007 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi,
    Not sure if this is the correct place for this so please feel free to move it if not.

I am running Windows 2000 & Outlook 2000. I've been using Activesync 4.5 to sync my calander, tasks, notes & contacts. All was going well until last week and for some reason my calander will not sync to my PDA. I've tried all the usual (re-installing activesync, Outlook, wiping the PDA & starting again) but I still cannot send to the PDA my calander appointments. However if I make an appointmen on the PDA it will sync that with the calander on Outlook.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could try?

Pat.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

What way are your overwrite preferences set?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

I've tried all options available & it didn't make any difference. One thing I didn't mention was that this is a work PC. I had two of our IT troubleshooters take a look & they couldn't sort it out either. When I sync everything seems fine until I check my PDA & I find that my appointments were not copied over. I made no setting changes to Outlook or the PDA. It was worknig on Thursday last week & then on Friday it was not. The mad thing is that when I checked the PDA out on a colleagues PC it worked fine and it also syncs fine on my PC at home. It's a strange one. I believe there's something up with my PC in work. I even asked our IT Dept. if there were any patch updates to the PC on Thrusday night & they said no. I know that microsoft claims that active sync 4.5 is not designed for Outlook 2000 but it was working fine. I even tried my old XDA Mini S which was working fine before. But now it won't accept the calander appointments either (just like the XDA Orbit) :confused::confused:
    It's real annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

You should have got a Outlook 2003 CD with the Orbit if you have lost yours you can have mine, it is still sealed, I never use them as I have my own copy of Office 2003 Pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

Flying wrote: »
    You should have got a Outlook 2003 CD with the Orbit if you have lost yours you can have mine, it is still sealed, I never use them as I have my own copy of Office 2003 Pro

Hi Flying, Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately I'm stuck with Outlook 2000 as it's the package used by everyone where I work.
    Pat

Advertisement