Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russia v England On Ice!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

PHB wrote: »
    IMO, the reason the team does well is because the manager isn't strong enough to pick a team but instead picks the players. Gerrard and Lampard have consistantly under-performed for England, yet they continously get picked. Lampard gets injured and Barry finally gets his case, but ultimately, he messes it up, and now won't be back. They play in the strong system and in the wrong style. A big Phil would fix that.
    A player like Gareth Barry would be a star for us against the best teams in the world, he'll never be a star for England. No matter who they pick they just can't get the best out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

god only knows wat Englands problem is....i think most people agree that the likes of Terry,Ferdinand,Gerrard,Lampard,Cole,Rooney,Owen,Richards are excellent players, how they consistantly play ****e really is a mystery to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

England's recent managers -

Kevin Keegan - became City manager

Sven Goran Eriksson - became City manager

Steve McClaren - ????

Worrying pattern developing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Nunu wrote: »
    He actually came off the bench to score both goals;)

point still stand though, it was hardly an advantage at all

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Nunu wrote: »
    They are reverting it to a grass pitch during their close season because they are hosting the Champions League final and that competition rules state it has to be played on real grass - a bit hypocritical from UEFA I think if its good enough for a qualifier but not for a final?

Bit hypocritical given that FIFA have been plugging the plastic pitches and yes, as you said UEFA deem them suitable for euro2008 qualifying but not for club competition.

Although I have to say - the chamion's league final is bigger than the World cup final IMO. In fact I reckon I'd rather watch 4 weeks of solid champ's league than 4 weeks of world cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I was thinking id love to see that at some point, maybe like a once off some year, a proper world club cup, exactly the same as the world cup, with the closeness of games and everything. Maybe some year theres no world cup or Euro's. Would be awesome!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Bit hypocritical given that FIFA have been plugging the plastic pitches and yes, as you said UEFA deem them suitable for euro2008 qualifying but not for club competition.

Although I have to say - the chamion's league final is bigger than the World cup final IMO. In fact I reckon I'd rather watch 4 weeks of solid champ's league than 4 weeks of world cup.

Have to say I don't agree with that. Winning the world cup unites nations, the champions league doesn't have nearly the same effect. I'm guessing you're a Liverpool fan though?! :p

Advertisement