Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner for one

• 17-10-2007 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Tonight I have the house all to myself! And I am delighted:D
    So I have decided that after work I am going to go home have a big bubble bath and pamper myself with hair treatments and face masks. Then cook myself something yummy for dinner!
    But what will I cook?
    I am pretty handy in the kitchen but I don't usually cook that much don't usually have the time.

I'd love to make something with pasta and chicken. But no white sauces:eek:

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Will a cheese sauce do?

Try this Chicken Savoyarde recipe from Tamasin Day Lewis.

I wouldn't bother with boiling a whole chicken - buy the stock to make the sauce. Or poach some chicken thighs for 30 mins.

Have this with some tag or linguine

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

chicken pesto. with extra pinenuts

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

One of my fav dinners is chicken pasta spicy thing :D

Cut chicken breast into strips, marinate in an oil of curry powder (lots of it) and oil for as long as you can - have left in for ten mins and it was still nice. Fry chicken off, then add tin tomatos or two (I cook for three and use two)and PLENTY of spinich - i mean loads, then add italian herbs...so simple but so so so so nice.

Serve with pasta... i want this now :(

Advertisement