Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM machines

Options
  • 17-10-2007 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Are tere any around the UCD campus that dispenses 10 euro notes?

Also, does anyone know whether i must ask in AIB for an overdraught on my student account or if it just automatically kicks in when the account is set up?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The one near the restaurant used to. I think however that it will 'try' not to. So you'll have to trick around with the amount you ask for.

I think you have to ask for it. Check also how much interest they're charging. If you were going to make serious/long-term usage of it then an actual loan or better still a belt tightening might be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

There was a call from the SU last year to AIB to put more ten notes in the ATM's on campus and there was for a while... seems to have gone back to normal again though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

boneless wrote: »
    There was a call from the SU last year to AIB to put more ten notes in the ATM's on campus and there was for a while... seems to have gone back to normal again though.

The one beside 911 and the trap rarely has anything besides 50s.... Really handy for students :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Automated telling machines machines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Tigrrrr

Actually, I think it's automated teller machine.

The only machines that I know of which almost always agree to dispense ten euro notes are the machines from Permanent TSB.
    I imagine putting ten euro notes in those machines is probably more work than it's worth, especially on campus where the ten euro notes would run out in no time and need re-filling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

Vainglory wrote: »
    Automated telling machines machines?
    Like University College Dublin Dublin... UCD Dublin... yea I'll shut up now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

mouseman wrote: »
    Are tere any around the UCD campus that dispenses 10 euro notes?

Also, does anyone know whether i must ask in AIB for an overdraught on my student account or if it just automatically kicks in when the account is set up?

Word of advice,do not get a student loan from AIB.They only give you a year to pay it and then start charging extortinate intrest on it.
    Bank of Ireland much more student friendly when it comes to loans as they wait till you've finished your course before charging intrest.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Yeah remember the note casettes esentially hold 5 times more cash when they're stocked with 50's. So less chance of the machine (or the two of them) being out of service when you nip out from the student bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mouseman

how long does it take after opening a student account to be allowed an overdraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah, AIB don't normally stock any ATM's with tenners. It is, as said before, too much work to bother putting them in. BoI dont do tenners either. Ulter and TSB normally do though I think, maybe NIB aswell. Sure they'd have to stock them the whole time once they ran out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

The AIB ATMs ate stocked with tenners. The problem is when they have tenners they give tenners for everything. So if you ask gfot €50 and it has tenners you will get five tenners. (This is maddness but it's happened to me so many times I can only assume that they're programmed like that). So as you can imagine they run out of tenners fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

mouseman wrote: »
    how long does it take after opening a student account to be allowed an overdraft?

It would depend on your transaction history, ie is there wages going in, is the balance generally > zero, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Every ATM on campus not working today except the one at the main restaurant and that's only giving out €50s :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Tayto2000 wrote: »
    Every ATM on campus not working today except the one at the main restaurant and that's only giving out €50s :mad:.

Just took money from the one outside the library. Gave me twenties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Poor Student

panda100 wrote: »
    Word of advice,do not get a student loan from AIB.They only give you a year to pay it and then start charging extortinate intrest on it.
    Bank of Ireland much more student friendly when it comes to loans as they wait till you've finished your course before charging intrest.

What's the point in going to Bank of Ireland? AIB are offering a 1 year's €1,500 interest overdraft on a Student Plus account. They're also getting more competitive on the loan rates, particularly for car loans.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Just took money from the one outside the library. Gave me twenties.

Bah, they must have refilled it after the lunchtime rush so. Spent 20 minutes queuing for the Restaurant one after trying avery ATM from the Student Centre onwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Poor Student

Yeah, they've all been fixed now. They were fixed yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

hiv virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

ashyle wrote: »
    hiv virus.

what?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

pisssh .. hiv virus... atm machine...ucd dublin... i was bored k! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

For the last few months, the AIB ATM at the student centre hasn't been accepting my BoI current account card, so i have to take money out on my CC, which sucks as they have a cash advance charge. the ATM by 911 has no problems with my card, but i've had a similar problem with the odd other AIB ATM around Dublin. Anyone know whats going on here?? Or do i just have a dodgy card or something??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

beglee wrote: »
    For the last few months, the AIB ATM at the student centre hasn't been accepting my BoI current account card
    Well, what do you mean by "hasn't been accepting"? If the card can't be read, it will just spit it out. If it can be read, but you are not allowed to use that card on that machine, it should give you a message on the screen, saying something useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

stereoroid wrote: »
    Well, what do you mean by "hasn't been accepting"? If the card can't be read, it will just spit it out. If it can be read, but you are not allowed to use that card on that machine, it should give you a message on the screen, saying something useful.
    I put in the card, it asks for my pin, i enter it, i request some cash, it spits the card out and i dont get to hear that lovely sound of the machine counting out the money :(

It says "this service is unavailable" or sumthin like that, can't remember exactly, but it isn't a helpful message, anyway. (and yes there is cash in my account before you ask :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I get that with that ATM too, or i did last year when I was still in UCD. I have no idea why, and it's never happened with any other ATM. So clearly there's some sort of problem with that particular machine.

"This service is unavailable" is the most annoying error message ever. You mean the service that this machine was created to provide?

Advertisement