Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which USB 24bit sound module?

Options
  • 17-10-2007 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I've decided the realtek chip on my Dell is not for me so am looking to get a 24 bit interface, rather than a card I thought an external box might be better with future expansion in mind. But which one? M Audio do a couple which seem like good value ditto EMU. Ideally it would have a single stereo line in rather than seperate L/R.

Anyone got some first hand experience?

I'm running a machine with Vista Home ed 32 bit and 1 Gb memory/1.6Ghz Intel chip.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

There are tons of options available really. M-audio and EMU are good brands as you say. You could consider an Edirol UA25, I use one at work and its a solid, reliable and well-priced model.

I can't think of any interfaces that would offer a single stereo line-in off the top of my head, but if you go shopping for a couple of cheap cables/adapters you should be able to connect whatever it is you have into any interface's TRS/XLR/RCA inputs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cheers.

The one which i like the look of is the M-Audio audiophile
    http://www.core-sound.com/audiophile_usb/1.php
    which has all the inputs I need and is Vista friendly.

Mike.

Advertisement