Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transformers D.V.D.

Options
  • 17-10-2007 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

i've had a pop up windows saying that the transformers movie is out on D.V.D. and some other disc in america,does anyone know when it'll be out here on D.V.D.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭padimus

Think its the 3rd of december but i might be wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

its released dec 3rd in europe and today in the US, special features follow below;

Limited Edition Steelbook Packaging featuring both Autobot and Decepticon insignias
    Audio commentary by Michael Bay
    Our World:
    o The Story Sparks - Steven Spielberg discusses his love for the franchise and early concept art for the film. Explores how the writers adapted the cartoon into a live-action movie and why Michael Bay is the perfect director for the film.
    o Human Allies - A look at how the actors were selected and their experiences on the set.
    o I Fight Giant Robots - An exploration of the military training that Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson underwent for their roles and the various stunts that the actors were asked to perform.
    o Battleground - A piece on the senior officials from the Department of Defense and Air Force who consulted on the film to give it authenticity and the key locations that the U.S. government provided access to.
    Their War:
    o Rise of the Robots - Explores the interaction between Hasbro designers and Michael Bay to bring the toy line roaring to life.
    o Autobots Roll Out - Michael Bay discusses working with Chevy and its designers and the modifications that were made to the cars seen in the film.
    o Decepticons Strike - The film's military advisors discuss the "toys" they allowed the production to borrow: F-22 Raptors, Ospreys and A-10 Warthogs.
    o Inside the AllSpark - ILM's digital artists discuss the challenges of bringing the Transformers to life.
    More Than Meets The Eye:
    o From Script to Sand: The Skorponok Desert Attack - An in-depth look at the making of this particularly epic and challenging scene from initial storyboarding through production and visual effects.
    o Concepts - Early sketch concepts of the robots.
    o Trailers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

stupid no blu-ray support :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

its released dec 3rd in europe and today in the US, special features follow below;

Limited Edition Steelbook Packaging featuring both Autobot and Decepticon insignias
    Audio commentary by Michael Bay
    Our World:
    o The Story Sparks - Steven Spielberg discusses his love for the franchise and early concept art for the film. Explores how the writers adapted the cartoon into a live-action movie and why Michael Bay is the perfect director for the film.
    o Human Allies - A look at how the actors were selected and their experiences on the set.
    o I Fight Giant Robots - An exploration of the military training that Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson underwent for their roles and the various stunts that the actors were asked to perform.
    o Battleground - A piece on the senior officials from the Department of Defense and Air Force who consulted on the film to give it authenticity and the key locations that the U.S. government provided access to.
    Their War:
    o Rise of the Robots - Explores the interaction between Hasbro designers and Michael Bay to bring the toy line roaring to life.
    o Autobots Roll Out - Michael Bay discusses working with Chevy and its designers and the modifications that were made to the cars seen in the film.
    o Decepticons Strike - The film's military advisors discuss the "toys" they allowed the production to borrow: F-22 Raptors, Ospreys and A-10 Warthogs.
    o Inside the AllSpark - ILM's digital artists discuss the challenges of bringing the Transformers to life.
    More Than Meets The Eye:
    o From Script to Sand: The Skorponok Desert Attack - An in-depth look at the making of this particularly epic and challenging scene from initial storyboarding through production and visual effects.
    o Concepts - Early sketch concepts of the robots.
    o Trailers
    Is this regular edition or special edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I'm on holiday in florida at the moment and i'll be picking this up today, but each of the bigger stores has their own twist on the packaging. its pretty much a 2 disc special edition with limited edition lithograph (best buy) transforming dvd case (target) or the one i'm most interested in 2 disc with bonus 3rd disc (transformers: beginnings narrated by peter cullen) at wal-mart.

most are priced between 20-25 dollars, with the dvd-hd at 29 dollars.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7789273

• Advertisement

you should pick me up one of those! send me a pm and we'll organise something if you wanna get me a copy....ill pay you for it etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I look forward to the commentary:
    The guy Megatron flicks and calls 'disgusting' is in fact Michael Bay

turns out the wal mart edition isnt a 2 disc special after all. its a vanilla edition with the beginnings bonus disc. only found out after i'd opened it.

thundercracker do you still want it? :D

I got mine. Its good, but have watched it so much i know it too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

stupid no blu-ray support :(
    Poor Sony lover :)

PS: This may be the reason I splurge on the HD-DVD for the 360.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

sprinkles wrote: »
    Poor Sony lover :)

PS: This may be the reason I splurge on the HD-DVD for the 360.....

blu-ray means i don't have to buy a HD-DVD player, pushing my 360 up to the same price as the PS3... which defeats the purpose of the 360's price really.

DVD for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

thinking of getting the play.com exclusive myself. it looks like the steel back two disc edition the yanks are getting with a free IDW comic book thrown in. havent a clue if its the comic adaption they did or the starscream prologue story chris ryall was talking about earlier this year.

personally i hope its the latter.

still its a bitch knowing its out in the states now and i have to wait till december !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

hmm...might just import the American hddvd from Playusa. seems good value.

thundercracker do you still want it? :D

yeah, sorry for not getting back to you....ive been in scotland....but if the offer still remains id be more than happy to take it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 steprime

I ordered my copy of the HD-DVD from Playusa nearly 3 weeks ago(when I bought my Xbox HD-DVD add on)

Still no sign of it......

Has anyone had any issues with playusa?

steprime wrote: »
    Has anyone had any issues with playusa?

sorry cant help ya, but most sites such have a customer service contact no or email address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 steprime

Cheers - it arrived last monday. It had a sticker on the envelope stating:
    opened by Customs. So that explains the delay:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

Galvasean wrote: »
    I look forward to the commentary:
    The guy Megatron flicks and calls 'disgusting' is in fact Michael Bay

Not quite. It was originally going to be Bay, they filmed it and it was on the american special edition as a deleted scene. The guy in the film is just cG

I'm not crazy about the extras. No deleted scenes, profiles etc. Eh

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Duffman'05

Will there be any versions with the deleted scenes, such as Optimus killing Barricade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Duffman'05 wrote: »
    Will there be any versions with the deleted scenes, such as Optimus killing Barricade?

AFAIK, any deleted scenes that there were were only extended bits with just human characters, for example the scene with Sam in the police station. They didn't waste money doing CGI scenes with the Robots and then cut them out. Shame really, cause I'd like to think that they did more than we saw and it was just edited out, rather than know what we saw was all they ever intended in the first place...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

do any of the irish releases contain the back story cartoon that Wal Mart had in the US? (Wal mart stocked the only version of the dvd with the cartoon backstory)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

wtf? I just picked up the dvd in xtravision and its only 1 disc????

OK not that anyone really cares but heres my xtravision update..

I went back to exchange the single disc version (which looks like a special edition due to funky shiny sleeve) for the 2 disc but they havent got any and dont know if they are going to get any.

Does anyone know if other xtravision stores have the 2 disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

No idea but I got the HMV version with the transforming case, its class. Going to sit it on my shelf beside Ultimate bumblebee. :)http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default.cfm?page=Products/Bumblebee/Bumblebee

Got the Region 1 version off playusa last month but fancied the transforming case.

faceman wrote: »
    wtf? I just picked up the dvd in xtravision and its only 1 disc????

There was copies of the special edition in Xtra Vision on Baggot Street (Monday just gone) priced €27

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Stekelly wrote: »
    No idea but I got the HMV version with the transforming case, its class.

Hi, where'd you get it? Dying to find one.. Seems to have been taken off HMV's website, does this mean they're not selling it in shops now?

faceman wrote: »
    do any of the irish releases contain the back story cartoon that Wal Mart had in the US? (Wal mart stocked the only version of the dvd with the cartoon backstory)

dont bother i have it and its s**t, didnt even watch all of it. its a still graphic novel with voiceover type thing, not animated.

its like a dvd version of those transformers book and tape stories, remember those cheese fests?

dont bother i have it and its s**t, didnt even watch all of it. its a still graphic novel with voiceover type thing, not animated.

its like a dvd version of those transformers book and tape stories, remember those cheese fests?

jaysus, best to avoid!

I finally managed to swap for the 2 disc. Some of the docs are good. havent watched the film with commentary yet. Bayhem to ensue!

Despite his faults, bay was right not to cast welker. They dubbed megatron with welker's voice in one of the docs over movie megatron and it didnt sound too good.

Advertisement