Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbl NAT

• 17-10-2007 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

i have had a problem recently where im getting major lag in all my games on halo 3 on xbl

when i go into matchmaking it says my NAT type is not open and i know this would cause a lag but i have tested my router and i am sure the NAT type is open

Just wondering if anyboy else has had a similar problem??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Here's a page that should help

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?p=9995010

I had the same problem about a year ago. Pain in the hole. I had to get a new "xbox compatible" router in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

You'll generally find that it happens with older modem/routers, especially those used by Eircom.

If you turn on Universal Plug and Play (uPnP) and NAT is still not open, then you'll have to forward the ports manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 BarneyTrouble

I'm connecting to XBL through the laptop using ICS, I've forwarded the ports manually and am still getting NAT type strict any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭PG4000

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Don't know if you used that already. Scroll down to the make of your router, click the link and then scroll down to "Xbox live 360", click that and then its just a case of following the steps. I had the same problem when i first hooked up to live but their tutorials sorted me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 acorkonian

thanks for that guys ill try it when i get home...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

I was getting the same issue so I've followed the instructions on this site.

I've given my xbox a static IP and forwarded the ports on my router and I still have the probs with NAT. I can't join custom games with some friends and can't hear their chat

Any other ideas? Could it be a prob with NTL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Try putting the IP for your 360 into the DMZ section. This will by pass routers security settings hopefully. Note the possible security implications of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    I was getting the same issue so I've followed the instructions on this site.

I've given my xbox a static IP and forwarded the ports on my router and I still have the probs with NAT. I can't join custom games with some friends and can't hear their chat

Any other ideas? Could it be a prob with NTL?

Is anyone still having problems with this?

Advertisement