Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

If only all VTEC was as good as this!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Sssswwwweeeet!
    Cant wait to pick up my car now on Tuesday!! i wonder what mods he had, even what engine, its NA so i would assume B16-B18?? Think ill send him a mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Joeface

Ah poor me I couldnt afford the VTEC interga , so had to stick with the Dual Carb..some day i will get the VTEC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Joeface wrote: »
    Ah poor me I couldnt afford the VTEC interga , so had to stick with the Dual Carb.

I know almost nothing about cars but you must have a really really old integra if the engine uses carburettors!
    It's got to be at least pre 1985, right?

nope its actually a 1995 , and its not terrible bit dead off the line , but mid range aint so bad in it .

And you are sure it uses carburettors? :confused:

• Advertisement

I see, I figured Honda would have phased out Dual Carburetors by then.
    I guess not.

Save the carbs!!! they are an indangered species!!

Ive got one too in an EG thinking of swapping it for a K20 and using it as purely a track car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

A 95 car with carbs? I really doubt. It was mandatory for all cars made since August 92 to be fitted with a Catalytic Convertor. You can have cars with cats and carbs, but it is a very awkward arrangement. Its all to do with electronics. Carb engines don't have an ECU(Electronic Control Unit), and an ECU tells the engine how much fuel is to be put into the engine, and the catalytic convertor relys on the ECU(and the O2 sensor too) for emissions control.

I know that the car is in all probability a Jap Import, but they were even stricter with the whole emissions thing, their cars had to be fuel injected and have a Cat before ours had to be.

You probably mean that your Integra is just a twin cam one, like all Integras it has DOHC aka twin cam(why the AE86 is know as a twin cam never fails to amaze me because loads of cars are twin cams).There are non VTEC and VTEC Integras(though Euro Integras were always VTEC).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

95 jdm teg's came in 1.6 dual carb form and are also sohc,theres an sohc multi point fuel injection too,neither are vtecs

• Advertisement

And i have a 95 civic with a carb AND a cat :P

E92 where abouts are u I will bring the car to you so u can see it

Its not a twin cam is A SOHC Dual Carb and it has a Cat . And I know cause its the second one of them i have had. I crashed the first after putting 100,000km on the clock , Bought a second cause I will have all the spares I will ever need

Joeface, I never said it wasn't possible to have a cat and carbs, just that its a really awkward arrangement, thats all.

As for the DOHC thing, I took the information from Wikipedia,they say the Integra was fitted with Honda's B18(B16 in the case of a 1.6)engine(at least the ones from 94 on were) and Honda B18s and B16s(well actually all Honda B series) were DOHC. Only the 1st generations(86-89) were SOHC, and some of those were DOHC too.

Thats not to say you're wrong of course though, cause I'm only quotiong what Wikipedia had to say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

If only vtec was as good as this TDI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp8aofHlsZ4

Speaking of diesel, Honda think diesel is good enough for their Type-R models.

There is a new i-CTDi on the way which is super clean but more importantly will be available soon in the Civic Type-R.

JJJJNR wrote: »
    If only vtec was as good as this TDI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp8aofHlsZ4

:rolleyes:
    theres allways one :D

Advertisement