Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I got a router...

• 17-10-2007 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Sorry for another thread but I could do with some help on this matter. My friend gave me a router, but I don't know how to set it up. He said If I connected the router to the phone line using the cable I got with the Xbox it should work, but there's nowhere to put the other end (not the router end) of the cable in the phone/wall etc.

I know there's a way of using the router to connect but I don't know how, people on here told me I could get a router and set it up. Could anyone give me a steb by syep? I've tried google and wikipedia but can't find anything on this particular issue. I really want to get live goin'.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Have you a model number of the router?
    What do you use to access the net? ie dial up/broadband over phone line/broadband over cable/other/atari jaguar.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Have you a model number of the router?
    What do you use to access the net? ie dial up/broadband over phone line/broadband over cable/other/atari jaguar.:D

It's a Netopia router and it says it's Class B whatever that means. I have broadband (with lastmile) and it's wireless although we've discovered that the box has no antennae so it can't work with Xbox live. So now I'm wondering how to setup this router so I can work it. Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Is it a Netopia Cayman 3347w?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

use a network cable to connect the modem to the router, then connect a laptop to the router and see if you can get an ip address first

Advertisement