Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter IV announced (merge)

Options
  • 17-10-2007 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

So yeah. Apparently Capcom announced this today, among some other titles.

Here's a trailer:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F0hIiqBegbY

Looks like concept/cg, but if it's anything to go by, it'll be 3D, cel-shaded. If it ends up looking like that, that would be pretty fantastic I think. Probably PS3/360?

(Some of the other games they announced: Dark Void, a sci-fi/steampunk adventure game, Lost Planet PS3, a new Ace Attorney for DS, Wii Love Golf (for Wii, obviously).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Saw that. Capcom also announced Lost Planet for the PS3 (with all the extras that the PC version had). Good game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hope it's still in 2D. As Odin Sphere proved well animated and drawn 2D looks far nicer than anyhting the next gen consoles are pushing out. The gameplay better not change much either. The world doesn't need another Tekken wannabe.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Retr0 use your head -- they know what went wrong with the EX series ;)
    As long as David Sirlin is involved, all will be well.

Also this effects-laden 3D-manga-style in the trailer is AWESOME.

Also gameplay BETTER change or we're left with another 3-character game (here's looking at you 3S)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I doubt it will be 2d. It costs alot to get high quality 2d animation. And I hope the gameplay changes somewhat. Or else there would be no point in playing it. :D

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Well capcom have announced Street Fighter 4 is on its way. About damn time.

Nothing known except for this trailer which we can safely say that Ryu and Ken are back.

Here is the trailer link.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26535.html

• Advertisement

Crap missed the thread already on this topic a few threads below.

Delete away moderators.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Hmm I can't see this being completely 2D (though I would sell most of my organs to ensure it is) but then there's no way it'll become a fully 3D Tekken/DoA/ Virtua fighter style game either.
    As long as David Sirlin is involved, all will be well.
    I agree but isn't he wrapped up in this HD re-do of SSF2T that Udon are doing with Capcom at the moment?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

looks pretty cool,i'll get it id say,was always a fan of street fighter (was'nt to found of the film though:p) they'll never top street fighter 2 though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i hope its 2d, the 3D series whilst not made by "capcom" was a mess, and 3D will not suit street fighter, it will be another tekken.
    What we need is a 2.5D rumble fish sort of look, more technical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

It will be cel shaded. something like viewtiful joe would be great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

oh a new sf game, if last few werent crap i may be excited.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    oh a new sf game, if last few werent crap i may be excited.

kdjac
    There hasn't been an original SF game for 8 years, and the last one -- Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, 1999-- is a superbly made game with possibly the most fluid sprites in the history of sprite-based video games.

Stop thinking of 1996's EX series!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    There hasn't been an original SF game for 8 years, and the last one -- Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, 1999-- is a superbly made game with possibly the most fluid sprites in the history of sprite-based video games.

pwnd
    althoug kdjac was probably refering to mvc2 and snkVScap2 etc, theryre just money makers not street fighter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea but the money makers were great!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

looks pretty cool,i'll get it id say,was always a fan of street fighter (was'nt to found of the film though:p) they'll never top street fighter 2 though!

they are making a new live action movie, based on Chun-Li's story.

Wohoo, I, er, guess....maybe...

As long as she has the strongest legs in the world it'll be A-OK.

Oh, and it needs a (cat)fight with Cammy.

And NO Ryu x Chun-Li romance -- that would kill it for me straightaway.

Bad news capcom have announced that as work has only just started on the game its still over a year away from release.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6181250.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

Azza wrote: »
    Bad news capcom have announced that as work has only just started on the game its still over a year away from release.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6181250.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

Being a fan of the Resident Evil games, I don't find a year that much of a wait :D

Azza wrote: »

That's not bad news, I still want to get some quality Smash Bros. time ;)

And they wouldn't want to kill sales of Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (now with extra re-balancing!) by releasing the games too closely together.

And they wouldn't want to kill sales of Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (now with extra re-balancing!) by releasing the games too closely together.

Speaking of which (too lazy to start a new thread): first gameplay footage!

http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/digital.php/2007/10/18/p546#more546

It's not great quality though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Street fighter 1
    Street fighter 2
    Street fighter 3

they were good games but somehow there is like ****ing 19 others :eek:

pwnd......pfft i will beat anyone here at any SF game and let you pick my character...

walk the walk ?

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Street fighter 1
    Street fighter 2
    Street fighter 3

they were good games but somehow there is like ****ing 19 others :eek:

pwnd......pfft i will beat anyone here at any SF game and let you pick my character...

walk the walk ?

kdjac

i bet you a grand, sf3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Going on the style of the trailer... I wonder if Ameratsu will be a playable character. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Placebo wrote: »
    i bet you a grand, sf3.

since neither of you could afford a grand

how about 20e a game SF II/CE/HF

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I freaked out like a little kid at Christmas when I saw this, absolutely brilliant :D

If they can sort online lag out, It'll be awesome...

Rewatched this for the first time recently. Still very funny :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=huAeijZAAOs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

You reminded me of this fantastic "Final of World CUP of Street Fight" video Futureguy.

Advertisement