Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mag Fill valve seals

Options
  • 17-10-2007 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, lost the seal for my KJW mag, the one which contacts the needle, not the o ring. Where can i get a replacement?

Cheers
    LB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I'd be interested in getting a valve removal tool and info
    on maintenance of GBB mags.
    my KJW Mag started to leak from the fill end the other day.
    And was helpless to remedy the issue.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The valve comes out with a stadard flat screwdriver but thats not the problem, its the seal that fell out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

if it leaks from the filler valve you can remove it with a flathead screwdriver and what i do is rub a small amount of puncture repair glue on the thread, that way its easy enough to break the seal if you need to remove it again in the future, as long as you re do it fairly tight but not over the top then it shouldnt leak anymore.,

No, its the one that seals it while filling!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

vtec wrote: »
    if it leaks from the filler valve you can remove it with a flathead screwdriver and what i do is rub a small amount of puncture repair glue on the thread, that way its easy enough to break the seal if you need to remove it again in the future, as long as you re do it fairly tight but not over the top then it shouldnt leak anymore.,

any chance you would do a pictorial guide for muppets like myself on this. i have not the foggiest on gbbs tbh.

lethal...any chance of a picture dude?

• Advertisement

im waiting for a new set of springs to come in for my M9 so when they get here i can take a few pics when i have it all stripped down.,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

im waiting for a new set of springs to come in for my M9 so when they get here i can take a few pics when i have it all stripped down.,

thanks dude, much appreciated...if you are doing anything on the gas mags in particular..they are a bit of a mystery to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

iwhat i do is rub a small amount of puncture repair glue on the thread, that way its easy enough to break the seal if you need to remove it again in the future,

What a sweet sweet tip. Never thought of that Thanks its
    one to remember.

~B

any chance you would do a pictorial guide for muppets like myself on this. i have not the foggiest on gbbs tbh.

lethal...any chance of a picture dude?

Gimme a sec!

Attached. You can clearly see whats missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Moved to Troubleshooting Forum

Eh guys, got a €25 paper weight, any help?

I have an old non Gbb m9 somewhere that should have the same type of valve on it, if i can find it your welcome to it., will PM ya if i find it,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

take the valve out and bring it into somewhere that sells o-rings and find the right size, i remember going into smyths builders providers looking for o-rings years ago and they had a big box of every size you could imagine neatly laid out

Ok, will try that.

Advertisement