Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prepare to be put to shame!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Some class finger picking.
    Now all he has to do is get daddy to tear down that white stripes poster and all will be right with the world again. :D

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

yeah his hand jusst rolls along, amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

meh.... i dont see what all the fuss is about.

although that could be because i used live up the road from a household of musical prodigy's. still, it's better than what most adults post of their playing on youtube. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Yes, he is very good considering his age. It does n't seem to bother him playing an "old man's" (Eric Clapton) music.

"Klaus Flouride", poster of "Old bands......." thread above please take note. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Rigsby wrote: »
    Yes, he is very good considering his age. It does n't seem to bother him playing an "old man's" (Eric Clapton) music.

"Klaus Flouride", poster of "Old bands......." thread above please take note. :D

Thats a Led Zeppelin tune, extremely well played might I add....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Feelgood wrote: »
    Thats a Led Zeppelin tune, extremely well played might I add....

Apologies for the error. It sounds like the first track from Clapton's "Unplugged " album.

The "Old man's band" point is even more reinforced now as "Klaus " has been going on and on about Led Zep ;)

Rigsby wrote: »
    Apologies for the error. It sounds like the first track from Clapton's "Unplugged " album.

The "Old man's band" point is even more reinforced now as "Klaus " has been going on and on about Led Zep ;)

Led Zep....what a band....Ive been trying for years to find someone to replace them and it cant be done...

Man I wish I was 19 in the 70's......

yep i have ta agree im a massive zepp fan, im playin guitar like 6 years and id be decent when it comes to even heartbreakers solo but bron-yr-aur which is the name of that track is a serious challenge to play, kid has ta get credit! awsome fingerpicking, never again will i complain my fingers are too short!!

oh and to feelgood, i couldnt find anyone to replace zepp neither but have a listen to kings of leons NEWEST album "because of the times", its a great album and it comes close

king-stew wrote: »
    yep i have ta agree im a massive zepp fan, im playin guitar like 6 years and id be decent when it comes to even heartbreakers solo but bron-yr-aur which is the name of that track is a serious challenge to play, kid has ta get credit! awsome fingerpicking, never again will i complain my fingers are too short!!

oh and to feelgood, i couldnt find anyone to replace zepp neither but have a listen to kings of leons NEWEST album "because of the times", its a great album and it comes close

Jasus dude, freaking me out....just start listening to that KOL album this morning believe it or not and thought the same!....touche...

Man I wish I was like 21 in the 70's......

but bron-yr-aur which is the name of that track is a serious challenge to play,

are you daft? have you not been open-tuning when playing that song or something? i'd find that far easier to play heartbreaker's solos...

really? can't stand the Kings of Leon new stuff and i absolutely idolize zeppelin.

• Advertisement

are you daft? have you not been open-tuning when playing that song or something? i'd find that far easier to play heartbreaker's solos...

Open E aint it?....same for Bron Y Aur Stomp....now thats a challange...

Man I wish I was 23 in the 70's.....:)

Feelgood wrote: »
    Open E aint it?....same for Bron Y Aur Stomp....now thats a challange...

no, not at all... openC6

CACGCE

the stomp again is different tuning i think... i never bothered learning it...

yeah bron yr aur is CACGCE
    stomp is CFCFAF

yeah ya see im not a fingerpicker at all, i play bron yr aur with the pick too! its just easier that way than to learn to play with my fingers, the likes of solos suit my style of playing a lot better!
    i can even play the start of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HSV7vwXxRA better than i can play bron yr aur or the stomp

benji im not a huge fan of the kings first 2 albums but the latest one is brilliant did ya try listen to that 1???

yeah ya see im not a fingerpicker at all, i play bron yr aur with the pick too! its just easier that way than to learn to play with my fingers, the likes of solos suit my style of playing a lot better!
    i can even play the start of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HSV7vwXxRA better than i can play bron yr aur or the stomp
    i can't get close to the speed for that... although three years ago i probably could have, just play a lot more fingerstyle. most of what i can use my fingers with i can also do with a plectrum. it's handy to be able to do, especially when you drop your plec as much as i do. you should do some more stuff like that, very good for finger dexterity and independence as well...
    benji im not a huge fan of the kings first 2 albums but the latest one is brilliant did ya try listen to that 1???
    i actually didn't mind the first two, but anything i've heard off the new one... just can't can't into. haven't listened to it in full though, what i heard on the radio was enough to put me off...

just different strokes for different folks i suppose, im not great on an acoustic at all which is a shame, if someone handed me an acoustic at a party i just couldnt do myself justice, id love to be able to play like that kid! the little sh1t! :mad::rolleyes:

heres me playin the intro to since ive been loving you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66ISv7zskeU
    now go easy cause im WELL aware im no jimmy page!!!
    that was the best i can do, that was a couple of months ago too so im a bit better now, you lads got any vids??

heres me playin the intro to since ive been loving you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66ISv7zskeU
    now go easy cause im WELL aware im no jimmy page!!!
    that was the best i can do, that was a couple of months ago too so im a bit better now, you lads got any vids??

Not bad at all dude....excellent picking, good voicing......

You should try some of the other stuff, I think you'd enjoy picking it out -
    Wanton Song, Ten Years Gone, No Quarter etc..

P.S. Look for a version of No Quarter by Tool.....excellent

Keep on Rocking in the free world!.

yeah bro i play all them too, play most of zepps stuff, and yeah seen tools no quarter, good but i dont think ya can touch the original, big tool fan too tho

nice vid. i really should learn to play that seeing as it's me favourite song...

oh well...

might as well post this while i'm at it, a very drunken jam session, i'm in the green... tis ****e, but it's the only thing of my playin on the net. so meh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azwm2Qhq8uc

oh and tools verison of no quarter is brilliant in it's own right. kinda have to get used to the different take on it to appreciate it i found though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

not too impressed by that. although it's really good and fair play to him i can play it to and i'm only 33

Advertisement