Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bell M9 GBB parts?

Options
  • 17-10-2007 6:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

i need this litte piece from inside the slide, dunno what its called or if it has a name but its causing the slide to jam and become stiff, it feels pretty sharp and is catching on the slide track and causing it to lift slightly off the track.,
    anyone know where i can get one? or even if it would be the same as the ones in other manufacturers M9's?

cheers,;)

p1030697sb9.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

which little piece in that photo are you referring to exactly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

oh yeah, sorry i forgot to put the arrow in, its the silver metal piece that has the screw in it and the 2 springs underneath.,

had a look on wgc and they dont seem to stock a spare, might find one somewhere else, but why not just try fix it yourself? where exactly is catching? can it be bent with a pliers, or if not then file it down a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,831 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Actually, if I can just jump in for a sec. I am in need of the little screw that holds this piece in place. Never got one. Reckon it's why mine never worked.

If anyone has or knows where to get one, I'd be glad to hear it :)

have been looking at it and i think its actually worn down a bit, its very sharp., im gonna have a look at it properly in a few mins and see if i can do anything.,
    cheers,

and if anyone else has any further info on this part its much appreciated.,;)

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Actually, if I can just jump in for a sec. I am in need of the little screw that holds this piece in place. Never got one. Reckon it's why mine never worked.

If anyone has or knows where to get one, I'd be glad to hear it :)

local hardware? you'd probably get one with the right threads, but it might be a bit long, if it is, cut the excess off and file off the crap left by cutting

ill measure the screw later and let you know what size it is, might be easier than guessing since you cant bring the slide with you

Master of the Universe

That'd be great thanks. I spent ages disassembling electronic equipment all over the house looking for screws. The closest one I found came from the back of an 80's hand held console I have. Hadn't the heart to take it out.

ill measure the screw later and let you know what size it is, might be easier than guessing since you cant bring the slide with you
    its 3.5 to 4mm on mine and its a countersunk screw, im just fiddling around with it at the moment, see if i can figure something out..,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

i have a "spare" plastic M9 which i was going to bastardise into the metal one i bought off liamo a while ago, i'm sure i'll be able to spare a screw for ya oisin (in a completly non-sexual way of course)

Master of the Universe

tonyj_mc wrote: »
    i have a "spare" plastic M9 which i was going to bastardise into the metal one i bought off liamo a while ago, i'm sure i'll be able to spare a screw for ya oisin (in a completly non-sexual way of course)

First time I've ever been overjoyed by a man offering me a screw ;)

Thanks!

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    First time I've ever been overjoyed by a man offering me a screw ;)

Thanks!
    have to say its the first time i'ive offered :), drop me a PM with your address on it and i'll send it in the morning

Master of the Universe

Thanks Tony, pm sent.

Well guys, I got mine....carry on :D *Exits thread*

vtec wrote: »
    oh yeah, sorry i forgot to put the arrow in, its the silver metal piece that has the screw in it and the 2 springs underneath.,

i'll see if i can get it off my one, if i can i'll drop ya a PM and can post it to ya, was just gonna keep the plastic one for spares anyway

tonyj_mc wrote: »
    i'll see if i can get it off my one, if i can i'll drop ya a PM and can post it to ya, was just gonna keep the plastic one for spares anyway

oh cheers mate.,;)

17102007005.jpg

is it this piece?

sorry about bad quality, all other cameras are browners :)

yeah thats the one i need, cheers tony

thats the screw that o1s1n needs aswell i think?.,

yeap thats the one for oisin just left beside the metal plate thingy when i took the picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

I have a suggestion...its a Bell...its a cheap low quality clone. Just buy a new one! Thats why they're cheaper than a real branded one.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If its cathing filing it down would seem to be the easiest solution, look along the edges and check for deformities/extruding pieces.

Harekin wrote: »
    I have a suggestion...its a Bell...its a cheap low quality clone. Just buy a new one! Thats why they're cheaper than a real branded one.

well actually its working perfectly now and didnt cost a washer thanks to tony, just have to get a propane adapter now, Im not stupid enough to just throw stuff away because its not working right, you must have more money than sense.,
    If its cathing filing it down would seem to be the easiest solution, look along the edges and check for deformities/extruding pieces.
    I fitted the new part and while i had it taken all apart I ran a dremel over the old part to smooth it out, it works better than it didnt before with the repaired part but still a bit stuborn at times, the new pat hasnt given me any hassle at all.,
    thanks again tony.,;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement