Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Odd Download Problem

• 17-10-2007 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭

Ok, whenever I try to download certain files, the download will just suddenly stop, usually before it reaches 1mb in size. The thing is, if i try to re-download the same file, it will stop in exactly the same place. Now this will only happen with specific files, generally, and will continue to happen no matter what download manager I try use.

Another problem i encounter is that i cannot download anything from google, that includes gmail attachments, google sketchup, basically anything you can download from a google page. The download just wont load, the loading bar at the bottom of IE will just stop.

Im using: Windows XP SP2, IE7 (the problem also happened on IE6), and have a D-Link G624 Wireless Router(which doesn't appear to drop the connection, and works perfectly with my dads laptop, and the other PC)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Just out of curiosity, can you go to www.skype.com & see if you can download the latest version of Skype?

Also, have you tried deleting all your temporary Internet files & cookies under tools -> Internet options in IE7 (Browsing History section)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

No actually, I can't downlaod skype, it just stops on 22.1 MB out of 22.7 MB, doesn't work with "Free Download Manager" either. I've cleared all temporary files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Okay this may be a stop gap fix. But download Getright And when downloading, click options, and segments. And select as many as you can.

If that fails, backup all data and reinstall windows. It will be the simplest solution. My oppinion is, why spend days trouble shooting, when in 1 hours time you can have windows just as it was before, but this time with no headaches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

Yea, you're probably right, download programs will download nearly all the segments but will stop at 99%. I'll do that tonight, thanks.

Advertisement