Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Kent Station to Douglas?

Options
  • 17-10-2007 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

Hi, im coming up on the train from Dublin friday night and am staying in the rochestown park hotel. I was told to get a taxi to the hotel as its a bit away from the city centre. But i was wondering if there is any bus that would cater for me?
    Thanks in advance
    d_b

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

the 223 stops very close to the RPH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

or walk to top of patrick street and catc no 7 to douglas village and ten min walk (tops). bus is a lot more regular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Balmed Out wrote: »
    or walk to top of patrick street and catc no 7 to douglas village and ten min walk (tops). bus is a lot more regular.
    fifteen to twenty mins w/ bags and not bating along

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Options:

1. Get taxi direct. Looking at probably a tenner or thereabouts... This is the laziest & most expensive.
    2. Get bus from the train station to bus station (no. 5) and catch bus to rochestown (223) This would be 2nd most expensive
    3. Get bus to Patrick's street (no. 5) and then get the bus to douglas (7) and walk to hotel.
    4. Walk to bus station and get 223.
    5. Walk to patrick's st. and get 7.

My advice would be stroll to the bus station and get the Rochestown bus (223) Check the timetable first though, at some stages of day there's lots of buses, others there's none... (timetable) If there's no 223 bus, get the 7 to douglas village and walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

I'd say the 223 is the best bet alright, and get off at the "Newenham Drive" stop, it's just after the RPH. It's €1.45.

The bus station where the 223 leaves from is closer to Kent Station than Patrick St (where the 7 leaves from).

Advertisement